Soul Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The newest Anime Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bleach 391 review and discussion

Go down 
+5
monkeyking
smart.deedee
BigJDelux
Soul-Slayer
benelori
9 posters
AuthorMessage
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

Male Posts : 1055

Bleach 391 review and discussion Empty
PostSubject: Bleach 391 review and discussion   Bleach 391 review and discussion EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 9:19 am

Bleach 391 review and discussion SDHN53ABXK

HELLOOO!!People...
Sleepyfans Scanlations got ahead everybody else and offered us some good quality manga entertainment. Let's see what this is about.

Bleach 391 review and discussion JODQ9F3ORS
Blazing Glaciers

It seems Hitsugaya will get some attention, but first things first. In last week's poll most people wanted some kind of twist which is understandable, because this arc is going on for at least for years now, so we should get something new.
Since Aizen joined the battle, there's nothing but major defeat for the good guys. As we saw last week, Komamura was knocked out with 2 moves. First the cut of his bankai, then he himself fell victim to the cold blade. Rose and Love tried something, too...poor things.
This week Aizen resumes what he started last weel, and we get a picture of Komamura defeated, and some great fighting scenes involving Rose and Love. But these to get defeated quickly as we notice Aizen's capabilities of fighting with other weapons not just swords. He wraps the wip around Love and slashes, and in the background we see the poor Rose was already cut down.
Bleach 391 review and discussion I9VY17H3GI

I just like that mask, that's why I chose this pic. But there is one other reason as well. The ladies, Lisa and Soi Fon got moving after the defeated trio, so they had to see that Aizen is quite the stud. So Lisa learning from her fellow vizard's mistakes, puts on the mask, but still shikai, and tries to attack Aizen from the behind.
But as the pic shows, the spear is cut into 2 pieces, which means the end of Lisa, even though she was hyped by Kyouraku as being strong. Well I guess Kyouraku meant VC level, not above.
Bleach 391 review and discussion SYS4MN6Q1V

Here comes lady nr.2. Well she's only a lady when she is around Yoruichi, the other occupation is trained soldier, Onmitsukidou and 2nd squad captain. This is all very impressive, and we also know she possesses a powerful shikai, being able to perform Nigeki Kissatsu, which means Death in two Blows.
But we also know that she lost a hand against Barragan, and though she couldn't do it previously, she managed to squeeze out a second shot of her bankai, in that same battle.
As we see her sweaty face, we realize she is in pain and she is exhausted, so I think we can assume that she will underperform, just like her lady colleague.
Bleach 391 review and discussion B1AATG5XS0

This is where the fun starts and where interesting things are revealed.
First thing is that the Espada get trashed even more. Zommari the fastest Espada managed to create 5 clones, with his sonido, but Soi Fon instead does around 10 clones, while withstanding pain and exhaustion. Very impressive. As we see the clones chargin Aizen we can notice that one clone has her left hand intact, which is a small detail, which was forgotten by Kubo sensei.
It doesn't matter though, becuz the very next second, Aizen's hand is trapped giving Soi Fon the chance to strike and finish off Aizen.
Bleach 391 review and discussion P7X17JLWKT

This is indeed interesting and brings back a few memories, solves questions, raises further ones.
So what Aizen means is that a somebody with superior reiatsu level can render the opponents technique useless. That's what happened now, as we don't see Homonka, the trademark sign of Soi Fon's strike.
So we know noe why Harribel didn't have any ill signs after escaping Hitsu's obelisk. Reiatsu matters, but then why couldn't she escape?Maybe becuz the reiatsu levels were similar. But why didn't Aizen escape his hnad from the ice now? I think it's trademark for villains to be arrogant especially for the powerful ones. He thought he could escape these attacks withouth the help of his swords. In the end we can assume that Yamamoto-sensei who has probably superior reiatsu compared to Aizen will be able to crush Kyouka Suigetsu, but judging from Unohana's words, he doesn't seem to overpower Aizen in that field. Maybe Ichigo in some monstrous form will be able to.
But enough of the chatter, becuz Aizen gets stabbed by a shadow hidden in Hitsugaya's ice, thing which makes Aizen immobile. This seems to be an opening for Hitsugaya, who goes in front of Aizen and launches an attack. Aizen compliments Hitsu for being an idiot, and charging in without a plan, but then he sees Hirako's smile...
Bleach 391 review and discussion VN51YCJZ74

Good question raised by the author. Last moment illusion, or Aizen just taking the hit and continues as nothing happened, or he really died.
The tactic paid off, 4 opponents were two much for Aizen in the end, even more so as 2 senior fighters were his opponents

Quick summary/Opinions

Not perfect, but near perfect. What was missing is a flashback and some movement in the plot. But the last panel compensates for this so 10/10, cuz I feel generosity and excitement in my heart.
The plot got twisted as people wanted, though in an unexpected way, but it didn't move forward, becuz we didn't get a conclusion, or a bigger picture.
But we got perfect tactics. Kidou users from distances covering for the mid, close range fighters. The abilities themselves turned out to be very complementary. Good immobilizing, thus speed and movement is restricted, then confusin the enemy into taking the blow. Also some details about shinigami techs and combat were revealed, which are always welcome in order to understand this world better. Cheers Kubo, I can't wait for the next chapter, therefore...

Predictions/Want to happen

...there are a few possibilities. Actually 3 I think which I already wrote. Illusion and certain death are becoming less probable, becuz Aizen won't die, that's for sure, and his reactions in this chapter proved he is indeed injured. So I think he just took the hit, but he will rise without problems next week, so we will probably understand why are Aizen's powers like sky compared to earth, and what is so special about him, feat that Gin mentioned last week. Those words were not in vain, and I think Kubo disguised them well, in order to think that he is special becuz he cut down a bankai's hand.
So there U go...next week we will witness THE power, which Gin was talking about understanding the true meaning of those words.

Don't forget SleepyFans is UR friend, stay safe, enjoy the chapter and the review.Cheers...
Bleach 391 review and discussion 0QQGQFEJ7G
Back to top Go down
Soul-Slayer
Vice-Captain Level
Soul-Slayer

Male Posts : 585
Location : Standing in the middle of the snow wondering WHO THE HELLS STOLE MY CLOTHES!!!

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 391 review and discussion   Bleach 391 review and discussion EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 9:27 am

Where is this chapter out? Its not at manga stream!

EDIT: WOW One manga were quick this week!
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

Male Posts : 539
Location : doing fist bumps with Shinji, then drinking with Hisagi

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 391 review and discussion   Bleach 391 review and discussion EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 10:58 am

I can't get over it. I must have said it 500x already, but I love that Aizen gets the "Oh shit!" Face. FINALLY, someone gets the upper hand on Aizen. He was so smug. I love it!!!! I know this isn't the end, I don't care what Kubo put as a cliff-hanger. BUT, this is SO great. I am very happy with this chapter. I am sad that more vizards are dropped like flies, but it is tragically worth it. I don't care if this is illusion either. SUCK ON THAT AIZEN!!
Back to top Go down
Soul-Slayer
Vice-Captain Level
Soul-Slayer

Male Posts : 585
Location : Standing in the middle of the snow wondering WHO THE HELLS STOLE MY CLOTHES!!!

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 391 review and discussion   Bleach 391 review and discussion EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 11:32 am

BigJDelux wrote:
I can't get over it. I must have said it 500x already, but I love that Aizen gets the "Oh shit!" Face. FINALLY, someone gets the upper hand on Aizen. He was so smug. I love it!!!! I know this isn't the end, I don't care what Kubo put as a cliff-hanger. BUT, this is SO great. I am very happy with this chapter. I am sad that more vizards are dropped like flies, but it is tragically worth it. I don't care if this is illusion either. SUCK ON THAT AIZEN!!

We don't know for sure that this wasn't the end Or aizen anyway! :p
Back to top Go down
smart.deedee
Seated Officer Level
smart.deedee

Female Posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 391 review and discussion   Bleach 391 review and discussion EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 11:59 am

BigJDelux wrote:

I agree with you 100%... Aizen (illusion or not) got a little pawned. Talk about a girl's dream chapter. If Byakuya would have appeared I'd be dead by now tongue

Anyways, I love the chapter. It really was a great battle sequence. From Soi Fon's clones, to how Kyoraku pawned (yeah! he did cheers) Aizen by being sneaky to Hirako flaunting his awesome zan and telling Aizen that everything is backwards with his devious smile, almost like saying "so we're bad arrancar copies? Suck on this!" And Hitsugaya's dream come true, cutting Aizen.

I think that, as Benelori said, Aizen is not dead and it's not an illusion either. He's just gonna have to take the blow.

Now, I'm puzzled about something. Aizen mentioned in this chapter that Soi Fon's attacks were meaningless before him because in a shinigami battle, reiatsu is what decides. We've known this for a long time, since the days Ichigo fought Kenpachi. The thing is, if Hitsugaya actually stabbed Aizen, it means one of two things: either Hitsu has more reiatsu than Aizen (unlikely to say the least, IMO) or that Shinji's zan also has the ability to reverse reiatsu, which could mean that Aizen's reiatsu in comparison to the rest of captains in this setting would be smaller since he has boasted of having twice the reiatsu of the normal captain.

I can't wait for the next chapter, or to see this animated. I'm still getting chills from that panel with Hirako and the last one with the surprised Aizen... So many people have been waiting to see his WTF face, and now we have it cheers

It was a good day today Bleach 391 review and discussion 88
Back to top Go down
monkeyking
Shinigami
Shinigami
monkeyking

Male Posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 391 review and discussion   Bleach 391 review and discussion EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 4:42 pm

smart.deedee wrote:

I agree with you 100%... Aizen (illusion or not) got a little pawned. Talk about a girl's dream chapter. If Byakuya would have appeared I'd be dead by now tongue

Anyways, I love the chapter. It really was a great battle sequence. From Soi Fon's clones, to how Kyoraku pawned (yeah! he did cheers) Aizen by being sneaky to Hirako flaunting his awesome zan and telling Aizen that everything is backwards with his devious smile, almost like saying "so we're bad arrancar copies? Suck on this!" And Hitsugaya's dream come true, cutting Aizen.

I think that, as Benelori said, Aizen is not dead and it's not an illusion either. He's just gonna have to take the blow.

Now, I'm puzzled about something. Aizen mentioned in this chapter that Soi Fon's attacks were meaningless before him because in a shinigami battle, reiatsu is what decides. We've known this for a long time, since the days Ichigo fought Kenpachi. The thing is, if Hitsugaya actually stabbed Aizen, it means one of two things: either Hitsu has more reiatsu than Aizen (unlikely to say the least, IMO) or that Shinji's zan also has the ability to reverse reiatsu, which could mean that Aizen's reiatsu in comparison to the rest of captains in this setting would be smaller since he has boasted of having twice the reiatsu of the normal captain.

I can't wait for the next chapter, or to see this animated. I'm still getting chills from that panel with Hirako and the last one with the surprised Aizen... So many people have been waiting to see his WTF face, and now we have it cheers

It was a good day today Bleach 391 review and discussion 88

Totally agree with the Soifon and Shinji parts. That teamwork was completely awesome.

On the subject of Hitsugaya stabbing Aizen...I sincerely doubt that Hitsu has as much reaitsu as Aizen, he failed to phase unreleased Yammi with shikai. Why do you think that this was not an illusion? I see it as a possibility, especially since captains are known to release shikai without calling their zanpaktou's name.

Another possibility is that Aizen wasn't 'concentrating' his reaitsu at that moment, or in that area. The idea is kind of similar to how flexing your muscles in the area of impact can allow you to take the blow. While Aizen was sure that Soifon was going to stab him from the front, he certainly didn't expect Hitsu to come at him from behind, and probably didn't have time to refocus his reiatsu to his back.

Of course, the reiatsu reversing thing is a possibility, and a really hax ability too if it's real xD
Back to top Go down
smart.deedee
Seated Officer Level
smart.deedee

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 391 review and discussion   Bleach 391 review and discussion EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 5:38 pm

monkeyking wrote:
smart.deedee wrote:

Totally agree with the Soifon and Shinji parts. That teamwork was completely awesome.

On the subject of Hitsugaya stabbing Aizen...I sincerely doubt that Hitsu has as much reaitsu as Aizen, he failed to phase unreleased Yammi with shikai. Why do you think that this was not an illusion? I see it as a possibility, especially since captains are known to release shikai without calling their zanpaktou's name.

Another possibility is that Aizen wasn't 'concentrating' his reaitsu at that moment, or in that area. The idea is kind of similar to how flexing your muscles in the area of impact can allow you to take the blow. While Aizen was sure that Soifon was going to stab him from the front, he certainly didn't expect Hitsu to come at him from behind, and probably didn't have time to refocus his reiatsu to his back.

Of course, the reiatsu reversing thing is a possibility, and a really hax ability too if it's real xD

As you can see in my quote, I didn't say that Hitsu has more reiatsu than Aizen. What I said was that Hitsu cutting Aizen could mean various things, one of which is that he could have more reiatsu than Aizen. Now, I'm more inclined to thinking that Shinji's zan can reverse reiatsu, but that is another possibility.

Now, to answer your question: Why do I think that it was not an illusion? To use your same argument, if Aizen didn't focus his reiatsu well enough so that Hitsugaya's strike wouldn't phase him, then he couldn't be an illusion. Plus, if it had been an illusion he would have most likely stike back at Hitsu, Soi Fon or Kyoraku for attacking him, like he did after Harribel attacked him.

However, and I'll admit to this, we can't really know for sure if it is or not an illusion until next week, since the last panel was Hitsugaya stabbing Aizen, so we don't know what his reaction might be. I personally wish that is not an illusion simply because I'm tired of Aizen being so godly and perfect. Yes, he's the villain, but give me a break. And if Aizen being defeated is OOC for him, then let's remember that Kubo trolls and hypes characters for so long that in the end they tend to disappoint.
Back to top Go down
altria
Captain Level
altria

Female Posts : 1269
Location : On top of Ulquiorra,so go away...and stop grinning,we're just having a nap under a tree.

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 391 review and discussion   Bleach 391 review and discussion EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 7:14 pm

~Absolutely loved this chapter and like everyone here enjoyed seeing that "I'm screwed" look on Aizen's face and the way Shiniji smirked there.And finally they are working together as a team.A little detail that caught my attention..Lisa's eyes were normal while hollowfied...is there some reason for that..About using KS,if he was then shouldn't Ichigo be able to spot it and warn then..a scene that came to mind was when Byakuya seemingly gets stabbed by Zomari,he looks surprised for a moment and then there's just a haori on the sword,Aizen could use that move to get out of it unharmed..but personally I think he will get hurt and mad enough to show the,"difference between the sky and the earth",as Gin put it.We have also seen characters take a huge amount of damage and keep going..though I've read a theory that the Aizen they stabbed is actually either Lisa or Ichigo..now that would be interesting.

~Too true about hyping disappointment,it happened way too many times..
Back to top Go down
http://huecomundo-rp.forumotion.net/forum.htm
demonart
Vice-Captain Level
demonart

Male Posts : 691

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 391 review and discussion   Bleach 391 review and discussion EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 7:22 pm

It would have been reassuring if it was ichigo who stabbed aizen on the back just at least to prove that it's not an illusion...it would be reall dissapointing for some reason if in the next chapter, aizen will just pops above and say, "nicely done, defeating an illusion"...it would also have been nice if gin puts an expression that shows that it wasn't really an illusion. I'm not quite convince to aizen's facial expression of being hurt...he's a good actor in so many ways..

the team work was nice although i would have expected more of the vizards...

maybe next chapter, they'll change it to maybe byakuya kenpachi fight or kensei fight
Back to top Go down
monkeyking
Shinigami
Shinigami
monkeyking

Male Posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 391 review and discussion   Bleach 391 review and discussion EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 7:45 pm

smart.deedee wrote:

As you can see in my quote, I didn't say that Hitsu has more reiatsu than Aizen. What I said was that Hitsu cutting Aizen could mean various things, one of which is that he could have more reiatsu than Aizen. Now, I'm more inclined to thinking that Shinji's zan can reverse reiatsu, but that is another possibility.

Now, to answer your question: Why do I think that it was not an illusion? To use your same argument, if Aizen didn't focus his reiatsu well enough so that Hitsugaya's strike wouldn't phase him, then he couldn't be an illusion. Plus, if it had been an illusion he would have most likely stike back at Hitsu, Soi Fon or Kyoraku for attacking him, like he did after Harribel attacked him.

However, and I'll admit to this, we can't really know for sure if it is or not an illusion until next week, since the last panel was Hitsugaya stabbing Aizen, so we don't know what his reaction might be. I personally wish that is not an illusion simply because I'm tired of Aizen being so godly and perfect. Yes, he's the villain, but give me a break. And if Aizen being defeated is OOC for him, then let's remember that Kubo trolls and hypes characters for so long that in the end they tend to disappoint.

Yeah, my intention was pretty much to agree with you there and provide some support ^.^
I don't really get your explanation for the illusion though? Maybe it's cause it's late at night, but I can't follow it xD Can you like break it down for me? I'm GUESSING that you mean that he needs to focus reiatsu to create an illusion? I agree with that, but if that Aizen was an illusion, couldn't the focusing of reiatsu occur long before that? Not saying that it did, but if he was an illusion it's probable, Aizen being the careful guy he is.
Course, there's not evidence to suggest that he's an illusion, only plot patterns.

Yeah, agreed, we'll have to wait until next week to see if Aizen retaliates when an 'illusion shatter' and slash. Kubo likes to do it that way unfortunately xD
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 391 review and discussion   Bleach 391 review and discussion EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 2:56 pm

The panel isn't clear, but Aizen was already injured in that area, so Hitsu maybe just used his sword to enter in the same place, but from another angle, thus making double damage...
The illusion as I think I mentioned it in the review as well, could've been cast in the last moment...that means there was no time for Gin or Ichigo to react/not react...so we don't know that actually...
I think it's more like he will show is why he's so great and powerful, maybe he will pull out something entirely new or he will just fight with the injury...
I don't think Aizen uses Utsusemi(tech which byakuya used)...that technique is a specialty of the Shihouin clan and probably 2nd division...so byakuya knowing it means he learned it from yoruichi(which he said it as well)...
But as long as an espada could do a similar tech, I don't see why Aizen couldn't so we're basically at a fine turnpoint in the manga, with lots of possibilities, and that's good
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Seated Officer Level
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 391 review and discussion   Bleach 391 review and discussion EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 6:27 pm

For some reason I just cant believe Aizen is hurt. I just dont think he is gonna die or even get wounded, in my opinion I think it is just an illusion. I understand that all of the captains and vizards are attacking him but I still cant see it happening.
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 391 review and discussion   Bleach 391 review and discussion EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 3:13 am

Yep...there are a lot of question marks...I mean he got caught so easily yet he could sense attacks from behind...I believe the shadow was the most sneaky one, but the frozen hand...that was just a surprise...I think the whole world awaits the next week more now
Back to top Go down
smart.deedee
Seated Officer Level
smart.deedee

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 391 review and discussion   Bleach 391 review and discussion EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 8:09 am

Well, I think it will go in one of two ways. Either Aizen is an ilusion, so in the first panels we must see how he counters Hitsu's strike (like he did with Harribel), or he gets pissed of at what happened and really shows his true powers.
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

Male Posts : 539
Location : doing fist bumps with Shinji, then drinking with Hisagi

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 391 review and discussion   Bleach 391 review and discussion EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 9:32 am

smart.deedee wrote:
Well, I think it will go in one of two ways. Either Aizen is an ilusion, so in the first panels we must see how he counters Hitsu's strike (like he did with Harribel), or he gets pissed of at what happened and really shows his true powers.

Or he actually gets injured and retreats before ichigo has a chance for this "opening" that he is looking for. don't forget there is at least one more story arc.
Back to top Go down
smart.deedee
Seated Officer Level
smart.deedee

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 391 review and discussion   Bleach 391 review and discussion EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 3:37 pm

BigJDelux wrote:
Or he actually gets injured and retreats before ichigo has a chance for this "opening" that he is looking for. don't forget there is at least one more story arc.

Well yeah, but I would like it if we got a different villain. You could be right and maybe Aizen retreats, or maybe he pawns and he makes the key and goes to the royal realm. Who knows? There's a lot of possibilities.
Back to top Go down
altria
Captain Level
altria

Location : On top of Ulquiorra,so go away...and stop grinning,we're just having a nap under a tree.

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 391 review and discussion   Bleach 391 review and discussion EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 5:09 pm

~I don't think he'll make they key,Kubo would not wipe out an entire town.Unless there's a different way of making it that only Aizen knows about.
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 391 review and discussion   Bleach 391 review and discussion EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 3:47 am

Heard a great theory...U know Hitsugaya emerging from Aizen's back...and stabbing him from behind...somebody stated the most obvious thing...maybe sakanade wasn't even active, just released, and Shinji was just playing with Aizen to think the attack would come from the front...
I think it's a great theory, I feel bad at not spotting thing myself, but it's still great...and it puts shinji in a level of superb excellence
Back to top Go down
altria
Captain Level
altria

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 391 review and discussion   Bleach 391 review and discussion EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 1:53 pm

~Hmm,I went back and read through again..and that theory makes sense.Since Toshiro was behind Aizen from the start,if Sakanade was released the attack would be from the front..so maybe Shinji really was playing with him..
Back to top Go down
Somedude
Seated Officer Level
Somedude

Male Posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 391 review and discussion   Bleach 391 review and discussion EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 3:29 pm

Somedude wrote:
I'm pulling for the classic Kubo "oh too bad didn't get him" twist

but man Aizen just like bitchslapped the shit out of Lisa

I called it, so called it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 391 review and discussion   Bleach 391 review and discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Bleach 391 review and discussion
Page 1 of 1