Soul Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The newest Anime Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soul Society Football Pub

Go down 
+3
benelori
BigJDelux
Sarun
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarun
Shinigami
Shinigami
Sarun

Male Posts : 25

Soul Society Football Pub Empty
PostSubject: Soul Society Football Pub   Soul Society Football Pub EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 2:48 pm

We need a thread for the Beautiful game. afro

My favorite team is Liverpool.

This thread can be used for discussing any topic concerning the game of football.
For start, let's discuss African Cup of Nations.
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

Male Posts : 539
Location : doing fist bumps with Shinji, then drinking with Hisagi

PostSubject: Re: Soul Society Football Pub   Soul Society Football Pub EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 8:31 pm

Well, I am just waiting for World Cup. The US is getting better every time and we are supposed to go pretty far, despite one of our stars getting injured recently.

I don't know much about the Euro leagues, so maybe someone could enlighten me. Major League Soccer in the US gets no big attention and isn't terribly popular.
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

Male Posts : 1055

PostSubject: Re: Soul Society Football Pub   Soul Society Football Pub EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 4:55 am

African nations cup is so boooring...my favourites are the english teams
Champions League is starting soon, so stay tuned
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

PostSubject: Re: Soul Society Football Pub   Soul Society Football Pub EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 4:56 am

BigJDelux wrote:
Well, I am just waiting for World Cup. The US is getting better every time and we are supposed to go pretty far, despite one of our stars getting injured recently.

I don't know much about the Euro leagues, so maybe someone could enlighten me. Major League Soccer in the US gets no big attention and isn't terribly popular.

If U like football/soccer, then U should check out Uefa Champions League...it's starting soon, and great matches are coming up
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

Male Posts : 539
Location : doing fist bumps with Shinji, then drinking with Hisagi

PostSubject: Re: Soul Society Football Pub   Soul Society Football Pub EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 7:18 am

Yeah, we get minimal UEFA news on ESPN in the US. I may have to look into it more. I never was much of a player, but some friends got me into watching during the 2002 world cup, and I watch it whenever it is on now.
Back to top Go down
Starky
Administrator
Starky

Male Posts : 837

PostSubject: Re: Soul Society Football Pub   Soul Society Football Pub EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 8:26 am

I, like Bene, prefer the English teams, Manchester United ftw!
Back to top Go down
https://soulsociety.4umer.com
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

PostSubject: Re: Soul Society Football Pub   Soul Society Football Pub EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 9:03 am

Yeah...Manchester is great...too bad the current season looks like it won't be an awesome one...I mean Champions League somehow doesn't each out to them this year...
And there's too much Real-mania, I hope they will reach a least semi-finals, cuz if not I will laugh sooo hard
Back to top Go down
Sarun
Shinigami
Shinigami
Sarun

Male Posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: Soul Society Football Pub   Soul Society Football Pub EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 8:21 pm

are u lot watching African Cup matches, some of the amtches are really exciting.

As for CL, Bordeaux might be the team we have to look out for. Not saying they will win it, but they can cause some surprises along the way.

In La Liga, I think Barca would most likely to win the tile. Real might come 2nd, 3rd or 4th if they slump. Valencia and Sevilla might get atleast one of the other CL spot, maybe evn both getting them.

In PL, my team (Liverpool) would hopefully rise in rankings in our usual last lap sprint (end of the season matches) in which we gain good number of points usually.

In Bundesliga, Bayern is on rise but Bayer is trying to hold on 1st spot.

In Serie A, it seems all Inter this season.

In SPL, another Celtic-rangers tussle for title for umpteenth time.
Back to top Go down
Soul-Slayer
Vice-Captain Level
Soul-Slayer

Male Posts : 585
Location : Standing in the middle of the snow wondering WHO THE HELLS STOLE MY CLOTHES!!!

PostSubject: Re: Soul Society Football Pub   Soul Society Football Pub EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 4:56 am

Rangers are my favourite team being Scottish and all, and an old firm match is probably the best match your gonna get in the SPL, I've never really liked Any other teams Well i like Chelsea,
Back to top Go down
Pim
Seated Officer Level
Pim

Male Posts : 311
Location : My computer room. My Naughty Room has too less space for the computer

PostSubject: Re: Soul Society Football Pub   Soul Society Football Pub EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 12:06 pm

As I don't support a football team (Except the Dutchies in general and even then it's just a little), I'll just do my little brother a favor (Don't ask me why):
Ajax!!!
Back to top Go down
smart.deedee
Seated Officer Level
smart.deedee

Female Posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Soul Society Football Pub   Soul Society Football Pub EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 12:02 am

Starky wrote:
I, like Bene, prefer the English teams, Manchester United ftw!

Now I have even more respect for you, Starky. Manchester United FTW cheers

Pim wrote:
As I don't support a football team (Except the Dutchies in general and even then it's just a little), I'll just do my little brother a favor (Don't ask me why):
Ajax!!!

I've always respected Ajax's commitment to young talent. It's one if not the best school of talents in Europe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soul Society Football Pub   Soul Society Football Pub EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:04 am

Manchester United! :h5 deedee and Starky and whoever likes this team :ohh
I don't watch the African Nations Cup, timezones. I mostly watch EPL, timezones. I actually haven't been watching football much :-_- The last match I saw on TV was Man U thrashing Hull City cheers
Also I won't get to watch the WC, timezones :-_- When is it ever gonna be in the Americas, UK or Asia again?
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

PostSubject: Re: Soul Society Football Pub   Soul Society Football Pub EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 11:54 am

Who saw manchester-arsenal...insane match...that's what's nice about the premier league and no wonder the championship division from england is one of the most viewed competition in europe...english football is the best
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soul Society Football Pub   Soul Society Football Pub EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 4:20 pm

I didn't see the match, timezones :-_-
But good for United to win at Emirates, they needed to win to keep up with Chelsea and get away from Arsenal :hm Rooney finding the net yet again. He's gonna break his previous record of number of goals scored.
Back to top Go down
smart.deedee
Seated Officer Level
smart.deedee

Female Posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Soul Society Football Pub   Soul Society Football Pub EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:33 am

I really hope you get to watch the world cup, Wiah, if only through re-runs. I wouldn't miss it for anything, not even class. I'm not sure about time zones here, but it's likely that matches will be in the afternoon or evening here. I suffered during the 2002 WC because I had to get up at 3am to watch games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soul Society Football Pub   Soul Society Football Pub EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 4:16 pm

I only managed to watch the first match out of the 3 matches scheduled for the day when it was held in Germany because it was like at 9pm. The others were 12am and 3am or something like that and I had classes in the morning, plus I had a national exam at the end of that year -_-.
My country might not even get to show the WC here because it's too pricey to buy the license to air it -_- We might have to tap from our neighbouring countries. That's just #$%%$#@ :elmo And the timezones would be similar to in 2006. But since I would have graduated by then and probably not have a job yet, I might stay up to watch if we get images from our neighbours.
(geez, it sounds like I'm living in a 3rd world country or something :facepalm)
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

PostSubject: Re: Soul Society Football Pub   Soul Society Football Pub EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 4:48 am

Champios League is back on track...what was the favourite match...I liked the latest Arsenal match...and I hope barcelona won't qualify Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soul Society Football Pub   Soul Society Football Pub Empty

Back to top Go down

Soul Society Football Pub
Page 1 of 1