Soul Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The newest Anime Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recommend a movie

Go down 
+3
benelori
altria
smart.deedee
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 11:49 pm

As the title suggests, recommend a movie - it could be the latest blockbuster you saw or an old favourite.

I'm going to watch Hachiko on Monday (hopefully, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my friends and I will be able to catch it. Has anyone seen it?
Back to top Go down
smart.deedee
Seated Officer Level
smart.deedee

Female Posts : 292

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 6:28 pm

I haven't even heard of that movie :um I'm an ignorant westerner ;-;

Anyways, I recommend "Kill Bill Vol. 1"... So much better than Vol. 2. For people who like Shounen manga or action movies, this one is really good since it has a great plot, a great heroine and very surrealistic scenes.
Back to top Go down
altria
Captain Level
altria

Female Posts : 1269
Location : On top of Ulquiorra,so go away...and stop grinning,we're just having a nap under a tree.

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 6:44 pm

~Kill Bill was awesome.I loved the ending music,Bang Bang.And the first one was better.^^

~I recommend Memoirs of a Geisha.This movie is gorgeous and has a very nice story.It is basically a love story but there's a lot mixed in.
Back to top Go down
http://huecomundo-rp.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 1:00 am

smart.deedee wrote:
I haven't even heard of that movie :um I'm an ignorant westerner ;-;
It's made into an American film XD The lead guy's Richard Gere
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

Male Posts : 1055

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 3:30 am

Kill Bill, Geisha good stuff...heard of Hachiko, but never saw it...
Though the geisha book is much better...

Babel was interesting, I think it's worth watching it
Back to top Go down
altria
Captain Level
altria

Location : On top of Ulquiorra,so go away...and stop grinning,we're just having a nap under a tree.

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 3:36 am

~Agreed,the book was better.Though Geisha of Gion was a better one and written by a real geisha so it's like a memoir.
~I haven't seen Babel,what is it about?
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 3:53 am

Well it's about an Iraki(?)boy shooting a tourist...but the gun came from japan, and the tourist is gravely injured...the tourist a woman is there with her husband Brad Pitt...they have children at home, who spend time in Mexico, they get lost...I would say there's no main story-line, but each individual story contributes to the actual shooting, but that's my opinion...anyway...good movie, but very chaotic, hence the title(Babel-biblical place, god mixed the languages there, nobody understood the other)
Back to top Go down
altria
Captain Level
altria

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 4:00 am

~Ah,like the tower of Babel.Sounds interesting,I'll check it out.

~Just remembered another great movie,Constantine.It's one of my favorites..Since I'm not that good with summaries here's a link that explains it nicely:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_%28film%29
Back to top Go down
smart.deedee
Seated Officer Level
smart.deedee

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 8:05 am

benelori wrote:
Kill Bill, Geisha good stuff...heard of Hachiko, but never saw it...
Though the geisha book is much better...

Babel was interesting, I think it's worth watching it

Babel was awesome. I highly recommend.

benelori wrote:
Well it's about an Iraki(?)boy shooting a tourist...but the gun came from japan, and the tourist is gravely injured...the tourist a woman is there with her husband Brad Pitt...they have children at home, who spend time in Mexico, they get lost...I would say there's no main story-line, but each individual story contributes to the actual shooting, but that's my opinion...anyway...good movie, but very chaotic, hence the title(Babel-biblical place, god mixed the languages there, nobody understood the other)

Well yeah, that's the way that things spawned, but to me the real focus of the movie has to do with globalization. How we are all conected in one way or another, since things that happen in one part of the world can affect things that happen to you. The idea of the director was based, as Altria mentioned, on the tower of babel, but the idea was sort of modernized to show how in today's day and age, no man is an island. That's what I took from it.
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 4:12 am

Yep...I think U got everything right...though it has a main plot, the globalization thing is definitely there...it's very obvious from the title as well( I mentioned it I think Very Happy)
I watched it first, becuz I heard that there was japanese speaking in the movie...and I got lucky, becuz lately, movies in which there is japanese speaking/japanese source suck(see movie adaptation of animes and holloywood-like japanese movies)
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

Male Posts : 539
Location : doing fist bumps with Shinji, then drinking with Hisagi

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 5:21 am

i know most people here will have seen most of if not all of his movies, but if you don't know Hiyato Miyazaki you really need to get to know him!!!!

Also, in other nonrelated movie recommendations, The Departed is AWESOMESAUCE.
Back to top Go down
Dark Pearl
Shinigami
Shinigami
Dark Pearl

Female Posts : 58

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 3:22 pm

obessed, beyonce kicked butt.
Back to top Go down
http://stormriders.forumsmotion.com/
Obelisk
Seated Officer Level
Obelisk

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 11:50 am

DIstrict 9, pretty crazy movie
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 7:40 am

BJD...I'll make sure to check miyazaki out...
Also...why is there a guest posting, and also a guest made the thread...was someone banned or something?
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

Male Posts : 539
Location : doing fist bumps with Shinji, then drinking with Hisagi

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 2:15 pm

benelori wrote:
BJD...I'll make sure to check miyazaki out...
Also...why is there a guest posting, and also a guest made the thread...was someone banned or something?
i don't remember who made the topic. . . but they weren't a guest when they did. maybe they left the forum formally.

Rob Roy is a good flick too BTW! Smile
Back to top Go down
altria
Captain Level
altria

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 7:25 pm

~Wiah was the one who made the thread,I don't know what happened to change the name to guest though..
~The Illusionist is a great movie,the story is interesting and keeps you guessing while the special effects for all the magic are great.
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 8:28 am

Great movie...but in terms of story I liked Prestigeg more...it had some sci-fi to it, but I think it was better than the Illusionist...but that was great as well

Book of Eli?Anyone?
Back to top Go down
smart.deedee
Seated Officer Level
smart.deedee

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 1:17 pm

I might get booed for recommending this movie, but I found it entertaining, and lets remember that movies, though they are a great vehicle to portray ideas, is also another media made to entertain.

Having said that, I recommend the movie Nine. The visual art of the movie marveled me, and if you're up to spend a few hours away from the world it's a very interesting movie. It also has a deep side to it, and I may even go as far as to say it was inspiring, since it tells the story of a man at his breaking point. It's really entertaining and in my opinion the directing was fabulous. Some actors stand out more that others (IMO, Fergie and Kate Husdon steal the movie in just a few scenes) but the acting was good overall.
Back to top Go down
KyubIchigo1
Shinigami
Shinigami
KyubIchigo1

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: movie   Recommend a movie EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 1:40 pm

akira lol its confusing but awsome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Recommend a movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a movie   Recommend a movie Empty