Soul Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The newest Anime Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Naruto 482 review...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

Male Posts : 1055

Naruto 482 review... Empty
PostSubject: Naruto 482 review...   Naruto 482 review... EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 8:35 am

Naruto 482 review... HOFTKKOPJQ
Hi there dear readers...early chapter, late review...sorry...
This time I borrowed the mangastream version, due to quality performance and just in time release. So let’s thank them...
But what a chapter...
Story is progressing, we got 9 and two halves(Karin and Danzou) characters appearing in this chapter instead of 2 or 3. And I will keep my promise, that the first chapter in which Naruto appears will raise the mark by 1.
We know what happened until now, Sakura twisted the last week’s chapter with her little stunt, but other appart from that Danzou died and Karin is on the verge of death. Sasuke wants to go to Konoha, but he needs to rest first, but will his rest be satisfied?

I asked U guys last week what would U like to see this chapter...from 4 choices Sasuke's move was the least interesting thing to see with 5 votes, in third place came the Sakura vs. Sai battle with 12 votes.
First two places were kinda obvious for me, the moment I posted the poll. 24 people wanted a mixture of Sasuke, Sakura vs. Sai and Naruto which is understandable, and 34 people wanted just Naruto. I'm glad this week's chapter gave us what we needed with similar proportions.
Including me there were 75 people who voted, so I was very impressed and at least those 75, of course with the others who just read the review. My sincerest thanx for all of U. But let us see what happened this week...
*curtains up*
Naruto 482 review... CRUXIU2BG8
Nice title, wonder what it means, though...it has no relevance to earlier chapters so let’s just figure it out as we go throught this review.
The chapter doesn’t start with last chapter’s conclusions, so we get a fresh and not so fresh face in one package. It’s Uzumaki Naruto the world’s most unpredictable shinobi. He is a fresh face because we didn’t see him for a long time, but not so fresh since he just woke up. He is latest stunt was fainting so his nickname is dead on. But these early panels just show him as he wakes, because we quickly switch to where Sasuke and Madara are. At least Naruto woke up which gives us the hope that there will be more of him in this chapter.
Naruto 482 review... YKO815KVWB
Madara is very friendly I could say. The trip he had with Sasuke made him to consider Sasuke as team, but we know what Sasuke thinks about the term don’t we. Madara advises Sasuke to rest, but in the meanwhile to kill Karin if she’s not needed anymore, because she knows too much about them. Sasuke questions the use of the word „us” and coldly dismisses Madara who phases away, but not before teleporting Danzou as well.
We also get to know that Sasuke is close to his blindness. Kishi didn’t forget that after one MS use Sasuke couldn’t grab a glass, and we know how much he spammed his techs, so it’s logical for him to be on the verge of blindness. But enough of the cold bastard.
Naruto 482 review... PPVMZDX6ZU
Here we go with another change of location. This time an ex-bastard faces a becoming bastard/bit...h and her naive friends.
Nice panel with all those snakes. I always liked snakes, and Sai using them puts him in a good light for me. But this is the battle already, let’s see the history behind the battle.
Team Suicide as they are acknowledged in both Narutoverse and Readerverse commited themselves in finding Sasuke and settling things with him. It’s a bit funny...But Sai is intelligent enough and recognizes the team’s name and tries to act against his teammates will, by gaining Kakashi’s side. Kakashi is on the way to stop them from certain death, but unexpected things happen.
Sakura tries to backstab her teammates, but except Sai they don’t really react, so poor Root guy is alone against 3 rookies. Not much of a battle IMO, but Sakura does it again. He tricks them all and uses the sleep bomb in order to defeat them. Very nice tactic, but she got lucky.
She had to take the chance that Lee and Kiba could turn against her, and to be outnumbered, but luck or just knowing them too well, made Sakura’s plan to work. Stupid Lee and Kiba(no wonder Kishi labeled them not trustworthy) and poor Sai, but intelligent Sakura. Even Kakashi praises her, as Sai reports that they got defeated.
Interestingly Clone Sai was an Ink Clone not a Shadow Clone. Or maybe an Ink Shadow Clone, knowing that there is a Lightning Shadow Clone as well. It worls differently than a regular Shadow Clone, so I guess Kish will have to fill us in later what’s the truth behind the thruth.
Naruto 482 review... SJ8PPIPVTD
Poor Karin. I can only pity the honest lady. She is there slowly fading and Sasuke and Madara have an ego battle. And as expected of someone who is close to die her life flashes before her eyes, but concentrates on a particular scene.
She is a young shinobi apparently from the Village Hidden in the Grass. She holds an Earth scroll which takes us back to the Chuunin exam back in part 1. What a great story was that huh. My heart is filled with nostalgic feelings, so I read it again. I noticed though and I remember that I asked myself back then as well. Team 7 spent days in that forest, but there were only a few scenes shown. And there was this particular scene where Naruto and Sakura were left alone, debating on opening their own Earth scroll or not.
This flashback is most probably that period, because an under attack Karin is saved by Sasuke, with Shishi Rendad. What a great technique. Though it was useless against Sound Four the giant bear is quickly subdued by the young Uchiha.
Naruto 482 review... QXBZZ2ACPI
If this was Shishi Rendan, then it means that the technique which Sasuke used against the Konoha traitor wasn’t it entirely. Sasuke copied Lee’s Kage Buyo(Shadow Dance) preceded by that upwards kick. So that move can be split in two. Preparing stage: Kage Buyo and finishing stage:Shishi Rendan.
Old Sasuke had a clear face back then, clear thinking and there wasn’t one hint of cruel intentions. He discards Karin as he sees the Earth scroll, but at least he went through the trouble of saving her.
But this time...
Naruto 482 review... DFLEWDUN1S
Woah...psycho Sasuke is ugly, though at least the bear was uglier. I mean what were SasuXKarin fans thinking? I must say that this face doesn’t suit him. It somehow throws away the theory of the coldblooded murderer and avenger, image which Sasuke built for himself over the series. This face points towards insanity and derangedness not cold blood.
I would love to see him discovering Madara’s hideout though. His facial expressions especially. Madara is shown disappointed by Danzou who crushed Shisui’s eye in that suicide process. But why is he disappointed? One eye lost? He has around 100 eyes stocked in that dark corner of revengeful existence, so I really can’t understand him. Now those eyes...they can be used in sooo many ways. Uchiha army with Bijuus by their side is one, which is a probable scenario, since Madara declared war on the 5 great nations including samurai, where numbers count a little bit.
But the Sharingan always has a higher purpose appart from slaughtering fodder soldier. So thinking this way, I assume those eyes have their part in Mugen Tsukiyomi or a part of the plan. Controlling Jyuubi or serving as a focus for Mugen Tsukiyomi? Time will tell, but it’s an interesting revealing.
Naruto 482 review... J35JL0II3B
Go hero, go hero! Naruto charged up Sennin Mode and he is tracking down Kakashi. Minutes earlier he tricked Yamato with a Kage Bunshin, made a hole with his kunai and escaped. Brilliant! But unfortunately this is the last panel in which Naruto is shown. I say unfortunately, because everybody expects some improvement from him after that soap opera scene. Personally I think he will show those improvement after he hears about this:
Naruto 482 review... 1N5AOZVT01
Though Kakashi is on his way, so we might see him trying to persuade Sakura back to Konoha, or maybe Sasuke will just reject her. Anways next 2 chapters will rock IMO as this did.
Interesting what Sakura did here. But there are two precedent events that allow readers to see through her.
1. It’s the Tsunade vs. Oro scene, where Tsunade wanted to end Oro’s life by pretending to heal him. Seeing the clear analogy between team 7 and the Sannin, we might just see this.
2. This is a recent event and it’s related to assassinating Sasuke. Sai back then tried to gain Oro’s favor, so he could get close to Sasuke. Everything was planned out by Danzou, but we know how that ended.
*curtains down*

Quick summary/Opinions

Great chapter 9 in my book, but as promised I will give a 10 this time. So there U go 10/10 and I think I’m right. There was action involving great tactic, flashback, the plot didn’t focus on 1 or 2 characters. Also there were interesting revealings, nice turn of events and I think this time I can say that the general plot moved forward. This chapter presented 4 main plot lines which can be related to the 4 members of Team 7. Two of these lines intersected already(Sakura and Sasuke), and the other 2 will intersect next week I think(kakashi and Naruto). When all 4 will intersect, that will be a better reunion than the Sannin one. The cherry on the top is that it’s not a threesome, but a foursome which adds to the flavor.
What’s the title about? Well...Kakashi is trying once more to not lose a team member, Naruto tries once more to find Sasuke. I don’t count Sakura’s behaviour, even if the scenes are similar, this time she doesn’t appear to be trying to stop Sasuke.

Prediction/Want to happen
Madara said:”Kill Karin if U don’t need her”. If we refuse the mad face and the Chidori and we assume the slightest chance of Sasuke not killing Karin. Well that chance...I dunno
Sasuke doesn’t really need Karin anymore, since he has Sakura as healer. But maybe he will refuse Sakura, which might lead to Karin’s death, or maybe Sakura will have the chance later to heal her. So possibilities exist.
But I think like this. Sasuke will ask Sakura’s reasons, but in the end they will join forces, with Sakura playin the undercover assassin part. Sasuke will ask Sakura to get prepared cuz they will leave immediately, and she won’t refuse despite seeing Karin dying.
So Karin will die IMO. I said this last time as well, but heck...I’m open to new developments and I don’t like getting right with my predictions.
Naruto will meet Kakashi and join him in the pursuit, maybe we’ll get a glimpse of Yamato’s screwed face.
Anyway...next week is Team 7 week, which is welcome, because this is the manga I liked in the first place. The teams with Team 7 above all!

Thx for having patience, probably it takes more than reading the chapter itself, so if not the review, than reread and enjoy the chapter released by the great guys at Mangastream. Yoroshiku...Buhbye!
Naruto 482 review... 48VWKT5D8A
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

Male Posts : 539
Location : doing fist bumps with Shinji, then drinking with Hisagi

PostSubject: Re: Naruto 482 review...   Naruto 482 review... EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:34 am

the end of this chapter was the worst. i hate to complain about the story, but sakura thinking she is going to catch sasuke off guard is retarded. now naruto will go all nine tails on sasuke for sure. it would be great if naruto could get the kyuubi to submit to him, so he could be like the 8 tails jinchuriki. (sorry to go OT)

i don't see sasuke even coming close to letting sakura join him. it is a joke.
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

PostSubject: Re: Naruto 482 review...   Naruto 482 review... EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 7:15 am

Yeah...the rejection is probable...it is the most probable since sasuke is not stupid, but if he thinks he could use sakura without exposing himself to threat...than it's okay...
I see naruto joining up with kakashi, sakura with sasuke, which could lead to a great battle, or maybe it won't at all...I'm curious how will kishi stage this, but the most interesting stuff here's Karin's fate...now that Sakura is there she might have a chance, but sasuke could ask her to finish karin, or just leave her there...I want to see Sakura's face and decision...to think that Karin would play such a key role....
Back to top Go down
whitehat
Shinigami
Shinigami
whitehat

Male Posts : 102

PostSubject: Re: Naruto 482 review...   Naruto 482 review... EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 7:23 am

What I want to know at this point is....would Sasuke finally implant his brother's eyes or not. It would be awesome, if he did. One thing that's bothering me is that Madara said he wants to "stock good eyes." We've seen several tens of Sharingans being stocked at Madara's place...which was pretty much freaky...
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

Male Posts : 539
Location : doing fist bumps with Shinji, then drinking with Hisagi

PostSubject: Re: Naruto 482 review...   Naruto 482 review... EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 7:31 am

whitehat wrote:
What I want to know at this point is....would Sasuke finally implant his brother's eyes or not. It would be awesome, if he did. One thing that's bothering me is that Madara said he wants to "stock good eyes." We've seen several tens of Sharingans being stocked at Madara's place...which was pretty much freaky...

i am beginning to wonder if madara is lying about the mangekyo being eternal after implanting another set of eyes. why else would there be that room?
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

PostSubject: Re: Naruto 482 review...   Naruto 482 review... EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 7:43 am

I think I mentioned it in the review...it's most likely something related to the jyuubi or at least it makes part of the plan....madara is planning what he's doing for a long time, so he should have a precise plan for those eyes,too...and since sharingan are so elevated these days, I think it will serve as a mean to unseal the jyuubi perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Naruto 482 review...   Naruto 482 review... Empty

Back to top Go down

Naruto 482 review...
Page 1 of 1