Soul Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The newest Anime Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Naruto 486 review...

Go down 
4 posters

What about the theory...
Plausible, Zetsu can help madara regenerate, but just that
Naruto 486 review... I_vote_lcap67%Naruto 486 review... I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
So true...everything fits
Naruto 486 review... I_vote_lcap33%Naruto 486 review... I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
Utter bullsh...
Naruto 486 review... I_vote_lcap0%Naruto 486 review... I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

Male Posts : 1055

Naruto 486 review... Empty
PostSubject: Naruto 486 review...   Naruto 486 review... EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 7:33 am

Good day and welcome the the weekly Naruto review signed by yours truly. It’s a pleasure to present such a chapter, so if UR thoughts are not exhausted and U want to add something please feel free to do so.

Mangastream is on the roll these last weeks so once again thanx guys for making it quick, and also thanx Binktopia for the awesome scans.
HAJIME!

Naruto 486 review... OCRUHL0TCF
A suiting title, but what got to me is the great cover text.
Two paths...too far apart to be absolute destiny, yet close enough that it can only be fate.
Absolute destiny is something that Naruto was always trying to demolish with his own hands. He was born as a Jinchuuriki and fought we almost everybody in order to change that attitude towards him, which is almost identical in a every country. He changed the destiny of the Jinchuuriki, by becoming a ninja, not a tool, and he worked hard in order to make others believe the same thing.
Sasuke was born in an era of peace, but a peace which came at high costs. The bloody conflict between Uchiha and Senju seemed to die out with the disappearance of the Uchiha clan, but Sasuke revived that feeling and he is torn by hatred and killing intent. He wants to revive the clan, and to transform it into something that won't be oppressed anymore, by killing the people who oppressed them.
They are both trying to change something, but as their goals are colliding they are automatically caught in the exact same circle which ate these lands before the establishment of countries. Naruto and Sasuke in this chapter seem to be in the closest relationship to the conflict Hashirama and Madara had. Keeping this analogy in mind, it's hard to believe that is not fate or at least a logical development of the conflict between the most influential and powerful clans, Uchiha and Senju.
This was a very good choice of words, and besides that it backs up Madara's plan to make them fight each other, it's a beautiful description of one of the most fundamental themes in Naruto. The bond between the two.

Last week we got ourselves a chapter which gave insight to how our characters developed. These chapters are the peak of this arc, and as always important moments are always offered by former members of Team 7. The most impressive characters were Naruto and Kakashi, both showing that they are at a level, that many are just dreaming to achieve, both in power, and personality.
Naruto 486 review... 4G2YMUWO1V
This chapter starts in a similar fashion. Kakashi is the one who impresses this time. Naruto and Sasuke clashed in a classic Rasengan vs. Chidori, but the strength of these techniques is forcing them to fly back. Kakashi reacts quickly, escapes from the Bunshin in a cool manner, and catches Naruto in mid-air. All the panels show Kakashi's concentration and insight to whatever is happening around him. While others were just defending themselves from the blastwave, he showed that he can handle himself like pro.
But behind these actions I notice something else, too. This clash lasted a few moments in my opinion, measuring in manga time. In all this fast commotion, Kakashi seemed to be restrained by Naruto quite effectively. The fact that Kakashi easily maneuvered between all those clones, makes me think that he allowed that clash. He understands both Naruto and Sasuke, so I think he will try hard to handle the situation by himself, in the end he will do in a way to let Naruto take the first stage. Guiding with precise and well timed actions. Those are the true qualities of a teacher.

But it seems like there's an uninvited guest, and that's our cheesy friend Zetsu. I remember him talking about Orochimaru being gross. Well he's the one to talk. Half of his body is missing and he can clone himself, with the exact same substance he is made of. I said substance, because if U notice the moment he catches Sasuke, he's deformed, so his like a creepy experiment.
Naruto 486 review... 8LK9USIKRB
I have to admit the pace of this chapter is impressive. We had a quick moment of bonding from Naruto and Sasuke, the a quick genius move by Kakashi, and the next moment Zetsu is introduced. He said he was left there by Madara, and it makes sense. I heard assher mentioning this first. He predicted that Zetsu will make an appearance. Though his prediction was okay, the timing was a bit off, and by the looks of it Madara is going to join the party. The first thing which is noticeable in the panel is that Madara wnts to take the Rinnegan. He is quite the eye collector, and Rinnegan is related to that Bijuu sealing monster so this is no surprise. Rinnegan is regarded as the most powerful Doujutsu, so good work Kishi to bring Rinnegan back, even if it's for Madara.
The second and the third thing which are noticeable are kinda related I think. Madara regenerated his arm, and he's standing in front of a plant-like something. Why plant-like. Well I'm judging from the shape. It resembles to the shell Zetsu appears in. Now if we think about the close relationship between Madara and Zetsu this is starting to make some sense.
When Madara lost his arm, we noticed a white substance, instead of blood. It would be nice if that substance would be the same that Zetsu is made of. Piecing these facts together, I'd make a bold theory now. I think Zetsu is an experiment by Madara, or maybe Madara found this peculiar flower, and he decided to make use of it. Anyway, this could be one of the reasons why Madara is alive even now. He can regenerate his body, and as Zetsu proved it this substance can suck out, then replenish chakra, so it's a good life support.He still calls him Tobi, so the relationship can't be denied I think.
What I think is backing up my theory. Well let me say first that I dunno how sharingan plays a role in this, but we know that Madara exhibited two personalities. Zetsu has two personalities. So that white substance might be something very powerful which makes changes in one's personality and mind. I think this is a tiny moment of craziness from me, but I can't help not to notice these similarities.
Naruto 486 review... TVAEW2YV5F
And there you go, he appeared in the well-known manner after Zetsu's call for assistance.
Madara acts disappointed in Sasuke, because he expected him to follow his advice and rest. At that moment it sounded like an advice, but Madara surely makes it sound like it was an order. Never mind, Sasuke is not really answering the guy, but I can't help to notice that Madara is acting like the boss and Sasuke accepts it. In earlier chapters Sasuke sounded high and mighty saying that he doesn't accept the word "us" when it comes to him and Madara. Yet, he's just standing there saying nothing this time.
The only explanation is that Naruto's presence is stronger than Madara's, at least in the eyes of Sasuke Naruto holds more importance. I agree with the guy, Naruto from his well-timed, awesome entry owned the surroundings both physically and mentally.
Naruto 486 review... TVAEW2YV5F
And this panel backs up what I just said. The conversation is started by Naruto who takes us back to a well-known moment. Sasuke seemed calmer and proved more insight back then as he said that 2 powerful shinobis can understand each other by the exchange of their fists.
That time Sasuke was to one who was superior to Naruto in terms of understanding, and it's no surprise since back then he was able to fully back up his reputation as a genius ninja. He challenged Naruto who was a bit confused by his own feelings, and asked him if he Naruto can understand him.
It was that moment when Sasuke decided with his whole heart that he will become an avenger.
This time Naruto is challenging him. He fought Pain and went through feelings like vengeance, and being able to forgive. This put Naruto on a superior level in terms of understanding each other. He had nothing in the beginning, he made some precious bonds, but he lost some of those bonds.
Sasuke is at a point where he can lose everything, but Naruto can acknowledge that so he gives the answer.
Naruto 486 review... OH5DSK3HVU
Can this be a foreshadowing of what will happen in the last clash between the two? As much as I don't like happy endings, I can't help but to notice, that the Naruto is secretly trying to make Sasuke understand what he is going through. By trying this he might achieve something that will revert Sasuke in order to realize that it's not too late to rebuild the bonds he destroyed over the years. What he says and what he thinks somehow back up sebbetta's prediction in the Prediction thread. He said that Naruto will decide to be an obstacle for Sasuke, something that will always be there to obstruct Sasuke. This is true I think, because by concentrating Sasuke's every inch of hatred upon himself, he transforms in Sasuke's biggest target.
What is impressing about all this, is that Naruto is willing to die together with Sasuke, so even if not in this life, in the afterlife he will make Sasuke to understand him.
Everybody is stunned by this answer, but only Kakashi shows that he can grasp this. He tries in stopping Naruto, but this time it's impossible.
Naruto 486 review... EXMRHFY1L7

Quick summary/Opinions

Truly the peak of this arc. Sasuke's quest, the screentime he had, was overthrown by Naruto in terms of significance.
This chapter had almost all the ingredients which in my eyes a good chapter should have.
There was no fighting that's true, but we got a superb conclusion signed by Uzumaki Naruto. He's resolve made possible for us to see an outstanding performance. Therefore we got a good glimpse in every characters personality. Sasuke is still unable to see the big picture, so he remains the vengeful character he showed us. Kakashi is able to see the big picture and I think Madara sees this as well, but this is something that suits his plans partially. Sakura is just overwhelmed by the whole situation, so I will refrains myself from commenting too much. She is just out of place.
Apart from great character development this chapter raised some good questions which will inevitably influence the story of the manga. First is the decision that Madara took concerning the Rinnegan. This is the first sign that somebody is actually preparing for the war, so even if we don't really know what Madara plans to do with the rinnegan, we can certainly expect for a Madara vs Ame clash. Zetsu will deploy in the search for kisame so we might be able to watch the war from the two fronts. And finally Madara's face which wasn't revealed, but instead I think we got ourselves a pretty good theory on why he's still alive.
The art was on a high level as always. The precision Kishi uses in order to show us that this is happening in a water environment is great. I was most impressed by this touch. But the greatness of the closeups of the faces of each character are not to be underrated. It backs up faithfull the whole character development these guys received these last chapters
And a final thought. It's always a good move to use past recollections. It gluse the story together and creates situations that cannot be interpreted as inconsistent.
Therefore I'm glad that I can give a fully deserved 10/10 for the first time. It was a pleasure this week I hope it was for you guys as well.

Predictions/Want to happen

I wanna see Naruto and co. going home already. There are tons of things that need to be done at home, but I think before that we will hear some of Sasuke's thoughts, but Madara will surely interfere in all this as well. We might get a glimpse of poor Zetsu, who got trolled a bit by Madara this week, so maybe he can prove that he is worthy of being Madara's right hand(literally Very Happy).

I think this is it for this week. If U think I missed something, feel free to comment, if not, than tell me UR opinions about all this. Thx for Mangastream again, it was pleasure doin business Very Happy.
Mata ne!
Naruto 486 review... VC68I14DIO
Back to top Go down
demonart
Vice-Captain Level
demonart

Male Posts : 691

PostSubject: Re: Naruto 486 review...   Naruto 486 review... EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 10:25 am

great review bene Very Happy

maybe the're would be a change of plans in madara's plan since kisame, i think, died and the 8 tailed was not caught. as for zetsu, yep..a weird one he is, i want to see him fight though..at least xp
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

PostSubject: Re: Naruto 486 review...   Naruto 486 review... EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 7:13 am

Thx for the appreciation...
And yeah...I expect some twist in madara's plans, after he finds out about kisame...I think it's the best thing of kisame's death...but it seems that madara will go to amegakure first...that's the most important thing I think now...I wonder if Sasuke will have some part in retrieving the rinnegan...but sasuke is more concerned about konoha, so...unlikely...good chapters are on the way, and I'm a bit tired of all this fighting...I need some non-fight scenes, with some conversations...the story needs to pick up the pace a little
Back to top Go down
demonart
Vice-Captain Level
demonart

PostSubject: Re: Naruto 486 review...   Naruto 486 review... EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 9:01 am

yep. good chapters are on the way although i can't predict that much of what would happen soon. i want some fighting on the upcoming chapters but you're right though about keeping the pace a little so i second to that. besides, sasuke is in no condition to fight so whatever happens he'll lose. about his goal, i don't even know if even he have the strength to destroy konoha, i think he's overestimating himself.
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

PostSubject: Re: Naruto 486 review...   Naruto 486 review... EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 9:57 am

Well he has Itachi's eyes in his stock...if he will do the transplant, than he can waltz through Konoha with his Susano'o and that's it...only Naruto in SM, or Kakashi using MS can stop him... some teamwork could work, I mean Danzou found a weakness in Susano'o, but as we saw, Sasuke upgraded his Susano'o, so I don't think so...
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

Male Posts : 539
Location : doing fist bumps with Shinji, then drinking with Hisagi

PostSubject: Re: Naruto 486 review...   Naruto 486 review... EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 8:10 pm

hopefully we will get some more reviews from bene Wink 486 was great! i am glad to see that naruto is ready to get down to business. sasuke's disrespect of naruto is gonna cost him, not to mention the itachi sneak attack that is hiding in naruto. i too want everyone to go to konoha already.
Back to top Go down
demonart
Vice-Captain Level
demonart

PostSubject: Re: Naruto 486 review...   Naruto 486 review... EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 8:18 pm

the itachi sneak attack that is hiding in naruto is the thing that's been bugging me right now...i'm way way curious about it. about itachi's eyes, isn't it like also in bad condition?
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

PostSubject: Re: Naruto 486 review...   Naruto 486 review... EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 11:10 am

demonart wrote:
the itachi sneak attack that is hiding in naruto is the thing that's been bugging me right now...i'm way way curious about it. about itachi's eyes, isn't it like also in bad condition?

they were only bad for itachi, it is the only way for sasuke to achieve eternal mangekyo sharingan though
Back to top Go down
Somedude
Seated Officer Level
Somedude

Male Posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: Naruto 486 review...   Naruto 486 review... EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 12:29 pm

Yeah, when two shitty mangekyo eye pairs are combined they not only become fixed but also can never be fucked up again

unless you're madara who somehow found a way to degenerate his eye(s?) back to the three-tomoe state
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

PostSubject: Re: Naruto 486 review...   Naruto 486 review... EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 12:48 pm

Somedude wrote:
Yeah, when two shitty mangekyo eye pairs are combined they not only become fixed but also can never be fucked up again

unless you're madara who somehow found a way to degenerate his eye(s?) back to the three-tomoe state

i don't think madara has used mangekyo since he was head of the uchiha clan. (he hasn't used it yet, during our current storyline) his had the connecting swirl-deal.
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

PostSubject: Re: Naruto 486 review...   Naruto 486 review... EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 7:53 am

Well I think he did use it...we know he was behind the fox attack...he was controlling kyuubi, so he must've used his sharingan...
There is this idea around...Sasuke kinda acknowledged Naruto right...so he calmed down, and he looks like he enjoys this rivalry thing...Madara had a rather suspicious approach to sasuke, so there are people wondering if Itachi's gift, was already received by Sasuke, I mean Sasuke got in touch with Itachi, through Naruto...

I kinda thing this is not the case, becuz events like yondaime's appearance, have to be triggered by something, and I think Itachi's gift will be triggered by Sasuke's EMS, which will contain itachi's eyes as well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Naruto 486 review...   Naruto 486 review... Empty

Back to top Go down

Naruto 486 review...
Page 1 of 1