Soul Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The newest Anime Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shueisha asking to stop scanning manga

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

Male Posts : 1055

Shueisha asking to stop scanning manga Empty
PostSubject: Shueisha asking to stop scanning manga   Shueisha asking to stop scanning manga EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 3:49 am

Shueisha asking to stop scanning manga 0576c576623654
Thank you, cmertb for translating the page.

This page contains a request by Shueisha, the group who prints and sells Shounen Jump and not just that, to stop the scanning of their mangas, and posting them on the internet.
How will this affect fan-forums, or people who don't have the opportunity to buy the mangas?
The first sign at accepting this request was done by http://www.raw-paradise.com who have deleted their entire material.
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

Male Posts : 539
Location : doing fist bumps with Shinji, then drinking with Hisagi

PostSubject: Re: Shueisha asking to stop scanning manga   Shueisha asking to stop scanning manga EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 3:52 am

i figured it would come sooner or later, but this sucks. mainly because north american SJ is MONTHS if not years behind on chapters. i don't think scans hurt their sales. personally even the best quality scan is nothing compared to the print, and i will buy an issue if i really want to see the art!
Back to top Go down
demonart
Vice-Captain Level
demonart

Male Posts : 691

PostSubject: Re: Shueisha asking to stop scanning manga   Shueisha asking to stop scanning manga EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 7:14 am

well i think it hurt their sales, or maybe, they just want to see if there would be an increse in their sales. it would really be unfair for those who don't buy the books or pretty much can't buy the book.
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

Male Posts : 539
Location : doing fist bumps with Shinji, then drinking with Hisagi

PostSubject: Re: Shueisha asking to stop scanning manga   Shueisha asking to stop scanning manga EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 8:02 pm

demonart wrote:
well i think it hurt their sales, or maybe, they just want to see if there would be an increse in their sales. it would really be unfair for those who don't buy the books or pretty much can't buy the book.
agreed, i think they think we are all freeloading, renji style! Smile
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

Male Posts : 1055

PostSubject: Re: Shueisha asking to stop scanning manga   Shueisha asking to stop scanning manga EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 7:56 am

I think these scans, generally...they increase popularity in the western fanbase, and many people are buying the volumes, so it's no problem...
But for example raw-paradise is said to had 90% or so members were japanese, even MH has 40% japanese traffic...now I think if japanese people, the primary target of manga market, are downloading from the net and not buying, then their request is correct and fair towards everyone...
Of course their request is okay from the beginning, because everyone should buy...but some people, like me...don't have the opportunity to buy the volumes...there's no place where mangas can be bought, not even western comics, so it sucks...

My opinions is that this request is only aimed for the raw scans only, so I think sites like MH for example will have to remove their database of raw scans...
But spoilers will always exist, and these spoilers are leaked from shueisha, so people will always be there to clean those pics and translate them...
It's just like the thing with dattebayo and subbing naruto....I see this going in the same direction
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shueisha asking to stop scanning manga   Shueisha asking to stop scanning manga Empty

Back to top Go down

Shueisha asking to stop scanning manga
Page 1 of 1