Soul Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The newest Anime Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Full Metal Alchemist

Go down 
+2
BigJDelux
benelori
6 posters
AuthorMessage
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

Male Posts : 1055

Full Metal Alchemist Empty
PostSubject: Full Metal Alchemist   Full Metal Alchemist EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 6:32 am

Feel free to talk about both the anime or manga...
I just finished the anime, and the ending was a bit exaggerated I think, but it was great altogether...it seems there's another season in air so don't miss it...
But the quality stuff are in the manga, so of course knock URselves out
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

Male Posts : 539
Location : doing fist bumps with Shinji, then drinking with Hisagi

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist   Full Metal Alchemist EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 7:22 am

Okay, bene. I will clear something up for you that you may or may not know. The first FMA series (2 seasons), the first season of that kinda follows the manga, and the second season is totally NOT CANON. This new season picks up with some review of old manga chapters, and then sticks to the manga. Although, I can only imagine filler coming because of the speed with which they are approaching the current manga arc.

Both series are very good, though there are tons of people who hate the second season of FMA and the movie because of the fact that they aren't canon. I personally love FMA. But, just some info for ya.
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist   Full Metal Alchemist EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 7:54 am

I didn't know precisely the layout of the seasons...
The new season I mentioned is the one called brotherhood, but I didn't start that yet, so I don't know about what is canon about it or what's not...

I know the first 51 episodes were half canon, and I liked how things developed except the end...I don't like it when an anime includes precise historical elements to prove a point...
Also I have a few more chapters remaining from the manga, I just started it last week...
It's great though...and I like that the chapters are long...good idea with the monthly publishing
Back to top Go down
Starky
Administrator
Starky

Male Posts : 837

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist   Full Metal Alchemist EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 8:28 am

I love FMA, but I haven't watched the Anime in a few weeks, I need to catch up XD
Back to top Go down
https://soulsociety.4umer.com
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist   Full Metal Alchemist EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 10:06 am

Starky wrote:
I love FMA, but I haven't watched the Anime in a few weeks, I need to catch up XD

i am behind on this one too Smile i am catching up on inuyasha... i forgot how much i love it too Smile but the day will come when i get in the mood for some alchemy again Smile
Back to top Go down
Soul-Slayer
Vice-Captain Level
Soul-Slayer

Male Posts : 585
Location : Standing in the middle of the snow wondering WHO THE HELLS STOLE MY CLOTHES!!!

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist   Full Metal Alchemist EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 10:16 am

I love FMA it's my Fave anime/manga next to bleach, the characters are amazing and its just a laugh a minute i love it! Its getting serious now!!
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist   Full Metal Alchemist EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 11:13 am

right when i started to really like Ling he ( i will put in spoilers). . .

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Soul-Slayer
Vice-Captain Level
Soul-Slayer

Location : Standing in the middle of the snow wondering WHO THE HELLS STOLE MY CLOTHES!!!

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist   Full Metal Alchemist EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 11:14 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist   Full Metal Alchemist EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 11:16 am

Soul-Slayer wrote:
Spoiler:

i guess i shouldn't have started it, but i think we should be okay not to use spoilers since it is out in manga and anime now :XD
Back to top Go down
Soul-Slayer
Vice-Captain Level
Soul-Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist   Full Metal Alchemist EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 11:18 am

Yeah, what do you do BJD? read the Manga or watch anime?
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist   Full Metal Alchemist EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 11:20 am

i was doing both at different points and so i have some gaps to fill. but recently i haven't had time to watch the anime, so i have been reading the NEW chapters.
Back to top Go down
Soul-Slayer
Vice-Captain Level
Soul-Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist   Full Metal Alchemist EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 11:21 am

The new chapters with the
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
monkeyking
Shinigami
Shinigami
monkeyking

Male Posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist   Full Metal Alchemist EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

BigJDelux wrote:

Spoiler:

Yah! Ling is so awesome! I'm happy he got a power-up that allows him to fight on level with the alchemists, and have a greater role in the story Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist   Full Metal Alchemist EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 7:43 pm

monkeyking wrote:
BigJDelux wrote:

Spoiler:

Yah! Ling is so awesome! I'm happy he got a power-up that allows him to fight on level with the alchemists, and have a greater role in the story Very Happy

i am too, and i really think he has more control over himself than even greed gives him credit for.
Back to top Go down
monkeyking
Shinigami
Shinigami
monkeyking

Male Posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist   Full Metal Alchemist EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 7:56 pm

Hahaha he's like an Ichigo that doesn't almost lose to his hollow every time xD
Back to top Go down
altria
Captain Level
altria

Female Posts : 1269
Location : On top of Ulquiorra,so go away...and stop grinning,we're just having a nap under a tree.

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist   Full Metal Alchemist EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 3:08 am

~FMA is great.I think they did a pretty good job with the anime,it can stand on its own independently from manga and has a nice clean ending.And the movie tied up the lose ends. Compared to some other manga to anime adoptions FMA turned out well even if it deviates in the second half.Now I just need to catch up on the manga.I also heard there was talk of making another FMA series that would follow the manga plot exactly..but it's been quiet so maybe it got scrapped.
Back to top Go down
http://huecomundo-rp.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Soul-Slayer
Vice-Captain Level
Soul-Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist   Full Metal Alchemist EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 4:24 am

altria wrote:
~FMA is great.I think they did a pretty good job with the anime,it can stand on its own independently from manga and has a nice clean ending.And the movie tied up the lose ends. Compared to some other manga to anime adoptions FMA turned out well even if it deviates in the second half.Now I just need to catch up on the manga.I also heard there was talk of making another FMA series that would follow the manga plot exactly..but it's been quiet so maybe it got scrapped.

Actually the Anime is currently airing, It is called FMA brotherhood and it ROCKS
Back to top Go down
altria
Captain Level
altria

Location : On top of Ulquiorra,so go away...and stop grinning,we're just having a nap under a tree.

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist   Full Metal Alchemist EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 4:42 am

~Oh really? Where is it airing?
Back to top Go down
Soul-Slayer
Vice-Captain Level
Soul-Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist   Full Metal Alchemist EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 4:42 am

I could post a link if you like?
Back to top Go down
altria
Captain Level
altria

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist   Full Metal Alchemist EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 6:10 am

~That would be great,thank you.^^
Back to top Go down
Soul-Slayer
Vice-Captain Level
Soul-Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist   Full Metal Alchemist EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 8:37 am

here's the FMA link!

http://www.animecrazy.net/fullmetal-alchemist-brotherhood-anime
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist   Full Metal Alchemist EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 8:25 am

If anyone reads the manga...
How about this new development...I was amazed by what's happened...I have 2 theories which I would think it were possible, but let's hear U guys first
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist   Full Metal Alchemist Empty

Back to top Go down

Full Metal Alchemist
Page 1 of 1