Soul Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The newest Anime Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Age of Mythology

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
monkeyking
Shinigami
Shinigami
monkeyking

Male Posts : 124

Age of Mythology Empty
PostSubject: Age of Mythology   Age of Mythology EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 12:27 pm

This is pretty much the only Ages game I've played, but I fell in love with it immediately.

Anyone played this?

It's a RTS game based on the Greek, Egyptian, and Norse mythologies. Really cool. Check it out if you like RTS!
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

Male Posts : 539
Location : doing fist bumps with Shinji, then drinking with Hisagi

Age of Mythology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Mythology   Age of Mythology EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 1:13 pm

i always wanted to get this game but never did. i really suck at games like civilization. it is like i don't go the right path to get stronger, i always try to be advanced in science and get taken over. can that happen in this game?
Back to top Go down
monkeyking
Shinigami
Shinigami
monkeyking

Age of Mythology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Mythology   Age of Mythology EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 1:42 pm

Unfortunately yes :S
I have a big problem with that. I always try to advance in age, but then the opponent spams foot soldiers and crushes me. So now I've been trying to spam foot soldiers, and it's been working out so far Very Happy

The good thing is though, in this game you can't get rushed, because it takes a long time to just start producing soldiers.

There's a lot of practice...getting faster and faster in building and economy. Mindset is really important too; I can't be OCD and try to research every single thing(it's so fun to though!), cause that'll take too much time and you'll be overrun. It's tough, and I still suck at it xD

If you've got 19 bucks to spare, you could buy it and try it out. Or if you don't wanna spend the money (I'm not advocating this xD) some people are good at finding 'free' versions.
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

Male Posts : 539
Location : doing fist bumps with Shinji, then drinking with Hisagi

Age of Mythology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Mythology   Age of Mythology EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 1:45 pm

monkeyking wrote:
Unfortunately yes :S
I have a big problem with that. I always try to advance in age, but then the opponent spams foot soldiers and crushes me. So now I've been trying to spam foot soldiers, and it's been working out so far Very Happy

The good thing is though, in this game you can't get rushed, because it takes a long time to just start producing soldiers.

There's a lot of practice...getting faster and faster in building and economy. Mindset is really important too; I can't be OCD and try to research every single thing(it's so fun to though!), cause that'll take too much time and you'll be overrun. It's tough, and I still suck at it xD

If you've got 19 bucks to spare, you could buy it and try it out. Or if you don't wanna spend the money (I'm not advocating this xD) some people are good at finding 'free' versions.

that is exactly what happens to me. and i never think to (and i am not saying i am going to try) look for "free" versions.
Back to top Go down
monkeyking
Shinigami
Shinigami
monkeyking

Age of Mythology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Mythology   Age of Mythology EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 1:47 pm

Yea, they are supposedly a lot of viruses on those anyways.

Best thing is to wait like 2 years, then it'll cost virtually nothing xD
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

Male Posts : 1055

Age of Mythology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Mythology   Age of Mythology EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 6:03 am

I didn't really like this game...probably becuz of the graphics...but it was entertaining until a point...I liked AoE 3 more
Back to top Go down
monkeyking
Shinigami
Shinigami
monkeyking

Age of Mythology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Mythology   Age of Mythology EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 3:30 pm

benelori wrote:
I didn't really like this game...probably becuz of the graphics...but it was entertaining until a point...I liked AoE 3 more

Oh, AOM is the only Ages game I've played, so maybe the other ones are a lot better. I wouldn't know xD

Graphics aren't too big of a factor for me...heck I can still enjoy a nice game of Starcraft, pixelated as it is.
Compared to Starcraft, AOM's graphics are beautiful lol.
Back to top Go down
altria
Captain Level
altria

Female Posts : 1269
Location : On top of Ulquiorra,so go away...and stop grinning,we're just having a nap under a tree.

Age of Mythology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Mythology   Age of Mythology EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 3:50 am

~I've played this game,it's also the only ages game I played.I actually liked it,probably because I'm into Greek myths and just mythology in general so it was interesting.Since it was without a manual it took me a bit of time to figure it all out,like how you're supposed to carry relics into the temple to get the effect..but ti was fun.I usually build walls around my camp and slowly built up an army.Though it's hard to balance the population..you need lots of soldiers but workers are important too..I always screw up there XD
Back to top Go down
http://huecomundo-rp.forumotion.net/forum.htm
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

Age of Mythology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Mythology   Age of Mythology EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 4:56 am

U need many fodder soldiers at first....but U can't win like that...U must make those powerful, mythical units(?)...I played it a long time ago, so I don't remember it quite well...
Back to top Go down
altria
Captain Level
altria

Location : On top of Ulquiorra,so go away...and stop grinning,we're just having a nap under a tree.

Age of Mythology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Mythology   Age of Mythology EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 5:02 am

The myth units are important but you also need to advance and make all the heroes..and different soldiers..and war catapults to take down enemy defense..I played a while ago so my memory of it is foggy...
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

Age of Mythology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Mythology   Age of Mythology EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 5:20 am

Yeah...siege weapons, or units with similar damage on building as siege weapons are very important..oh yeah...one reason I didn't like Mythology was that basic tactics stuff didn't work...
So tactics were not as effective as the units power and durability...
Back to top Go down
monkeyking
Shinigami
Shinigami
monkeyking

Age of Mythology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Mythology   Age of Mythology EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 3:49 pm

benelori wrote:
U need many fodder soldiers at first....but U can't win like that...U must make those powerful, mythical units(?)...I played it a long time ago, so I don't remember it quite well...

Some people can win really fast just by spamming fodder lol. But yea, if you're playing someone decent that strategy probably won't work.

benelori wrote:
Yeah...siege weapons, or units with similar damage on building as siege weapons are very important..oh yeah...one reason I didn't like Mythology was that basic tactics stuff didn't work...
So tactics were not as effective as the units power and durability...

That's one of the things that really pisses me off. The insane health bars of some myth units. It takes so long for them to die! I suppose that's why it's important to keep lots of heroes handy.
Back to top Go down
altria
Captain Level
altria

Age of Mythology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Mythology   Age of Mythology EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 1:22 am

~Hm..I never had a problem with myths units..Arkanos? usually takes care of them quickly enough.
Back to top Go down
Meki
Shinigami
Shinigami
Meki

Male Posts : 86

Age of Mythology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Mythology   Age of Mythology EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 9:03 am

I've played it. It was my first strategy game xD Well I was very interested in mythology and Greek myths, so that's why I bought it really. ^^
Back to top Go down
altria
Captain Level
altria

Age of Mythology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Mythology   Age of Mythology EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 7:26 pm

~I got it as a gift for the same reason,all the myth stuff.^^ Greek and Egyptian in particular interested me.Though some of the names I had to look up,they did such a through job incorporating things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Age of Mythology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Mythology   Age of Mythology Empty

Back to top Go down

Age of Mythology
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soul Society :: Social Area :: Video Games-
Jump to: