Soul Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The newest Anime Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Code Geass? R1/R2

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Haseo The Terror Of Death
Vice-Captain Level

Male Posts : 558

Code Geass? R1/R2 Empty
PostSubject: Code Geass? R1/R2   Code Geass? R1/R2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 8:19 am

Plot

The series is set after Japan's conquest by the Holy Britannian Empire on August 10, 2010, a.t.b. with their powerful new robot weapons, the Knightmare Frames, stripping Japan and its citizens of all rights and freedoms and renaming the country Area 11. The titular Lelouch is a Britannian prince who was disowned by his father, Emperor Charles Zi Britannia, after his mother was murdered, and has vowed to kill his father, the Emperor, and destroy Britannia. He gains an ability through the mysterious power of the Geass, becoming the leader of the resistance movement to fulfill his two wishes: to seek revenge for his mother and to construct a world in which his beloved sister Nunnally can live happily.

Settings

Code Geass is set in an alternate universe where three superpowers, the Holy Britannian Empire, the Chinese Federation, and the European Union have divided up control of the world (with the exception of an independent Australia) and maintain a tentative balance for the first part of the series. The balance shifts in the second season as the E.U. has much of its territory conquered by Britannia while Lelouch engineers a revolution in the Chinese Federation and creates a new alliance of countries, the United Federation of Nations, reducing the number of superpowers to two.

Geass (ギアス, giasu?), also referred to as the Power of Kings (王の力, Ō no Chikara?), is a mysterious ability which certain people can bestow upon others (the word itself potentially being an intentional corruption of geas or geis, a type of magical contract in Irish mythology). According to an English edition of Newtype, the power of Geass has something to do with the very existence of humankind and it may be used to destroy or transform just about anything.[10] It is represented by a bird-shaped symbol which glows red when active.

A Geass is set as a contract between an immortal and a human who receives a unique power. It manifests in the eyes, and with continued use increases in power, eventually becoming uncontrollable and spreading to both eyes. When a Geass is at full power, a person can then become a recipient of the immortal's "Code", that which grants them their immortality. This new immortal receives the Geass mark somewhere on their body, immunity to Geass, and the ability to make their own contracts with others, while the giver is allowed to die (perpetuating an endless cycle). This process is not necessarily consensual, as C.C. received her Code and V.V. had his taken away against their wills.

Every Geass power has its own unique set of both abilities and limitations (for example, Lelouch's power, the ability to make anyone obey him, can only be used once on a given person), allowing for their defeat or victory by someone who is aware of its characteristics. According to C.C. in the television series, the way geass manifests itself in a person is determined by the person's deepest/truest desire (i.e. C.C.'s geass made everyone love her in response to her desire to be accepted and loved). Further understanding of the power of Geass even leads to the development of a device that can undo its effects. All Geass abilities that have thus far appeared within canon of the television series have been related to the mind, influencing things such as emotion, perception, and memory.

Main characters

Lelouch Lamperouge
The title character and protagonist of the show, Lelouch Lamperouge is a seemingly ordinary 17-year-old student at Ashford Academy. In reality, he is Lelouch vi Britannia, the exiled son of the Emperor of Britannia and the late Empress Marianne, forced to flee to Japan after his mother's assassination. When he gets caught up in a battle between the military and Japanese rebels, he gains the power of Geass, allowing him to force others to obey his orders without question, and begins a quest to utilize this power to destroy Britannia under another identity known as Zero.

Suzaku Kururugi
Lelouch's childhood friend and son of Japan's last prime minister, Genbu Kururugi. Suzaku is in the service of the Britannia Army as a soldier and chosen to test an experimental new model of Knightmare Frame, the Lancelot. Throughout the series, Suzaku shows a belief that achieving results by wrong or illegal methods is meaningless, setting up a rivalry with Zero. Suzaku also became Lelouch's classmate.

C.C.
A mysterious, immortal, green-haired girl who establishes a contract with Lelouch on the condition that he grant her one wish, passively overseeing Lelouch's missions and occasionally helping them succeed to ensure he does not die.

Nunnally Lamperouge
Lelouch's younger innocent sister, wheelchair-using and blind from her mother's brutal assassination. Lelouch originally got involved with the war because he wanted to create a pleasant world for Nunnally.

Kallen Stadtfeld
A red haired Britannian-Japanese who believes herself to be a Japanese person at heart and prefers her birth name, Kallen Kouzuki, over that of her father's prestigious family. She maintains the image of a frail, outstanding student at Ashford Academy, all the while being a member of the Japanese resistance movement and is Zero's most devoted follower.

What is your thoughts on this anime? (To me I believe it as a masterpiece Smile)

Last edited by Lelouch Lamperouge on Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://pto-clan.darkbb.com/forum.htm
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

Male Posts : 1055

Code Geass? R1/R2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code Geass? R1/R2   Code Geass? R1/R2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 8:21 am

It was recommended to me a while ago, but had no time to watch any of it...I think though it's a good anime and is worth watching...this is the next anime I'm starting...so hopefully in a few weeks, we can talk about more
Back to top Go down
Vice-Captain Level

Code Geass? R1/R2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code Geass? R1/R2   Code Geass? R1/R2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 9:19 am

I can tell you for sure... You will love this anime. It's like Death Note but much more epic!
Back to top Go down
altria
Captain Level
altria

Female Posts : 1269
Location : On top of Ulquiorra,so go away...and stop grinning,we're just having a nap under a tree.

Code Geass? R1/R2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code Geass? R1/R2   Code Geass? R1/R2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 7:13 pm

~Code Geass was amazing,I absolutely loved it.The way they ended the first season was epic,the end was very sad though.The only unfortunate thing was that they aired it right after Bleach and same voice actor does the voice for Ichigo and Lelouch..so it was a bit jarring.
Back to top Go down
http://huecomundo-rp.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Vice-Captain Level

Code Geass? R1/R2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code Geass? R1/R2   Code Geass? R1/R2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 7:58 am

Wait you only saw season 1(R1)?
Their is season 2(R2)... You know. Lol.
I'm gonna get info on Season 3(R3) these say might come out late fall or in late winter Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Elementalist
Shinigami
Shinigami
Elementalist

Male Posts : 98

Code Geass? R1/R2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code Geass? R1/R2   Code Geass? R1/R2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 11:01 am

Yeah, Code Geass was a really great Anime ^^ I loved it. I agree with Altria when I first watched it I wasn't expecting Ichigo's voice lol But they did a very good job.
Back to top Go down
Vice-Captain Level

Code Geass? R1/R2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code Geass? R1/R2   Code Geass? R1/R2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 11:13 am

Lol... You are all thinking about his voice >.<
Back to top Go down
Elementalist
Shinigami
Shinigami
Elementalist

Male Posts : 98

Code Geass? R1/R2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code Geass? R1/R2   Code Geass? R1/R2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 12:25 pm

lol I just wasn't expecting Ichi, but I think he did very well. I like the strategies in Code Geass as well as the chess games between Lelouch and his adversaries like Schnitzel. Its an Anime that really makes you think lol I love it for that Smile
Back to top Go down
Vice-Captain Level

Code Geass? R1/R2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code Geass? R1/R2   Code Geass? R1/R2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 12:30 pm

Lol... Yeah it's mostly about strategies as this anime is very serious about life and death... So yeah Razz
Back to top Go down
altria
Captain Level
altria

Location : On top of Ulquiorra,so go away...and stop grinning,we're just having a nap under a tree.

Code Geass? R1/R2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code Geass? R1/R2   Code Geass? R1/R2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:48 pm

~No,I've seen both seasons.^^
~That's why it's so catching,not many anime series make you think.It's usually battle and fights.Code Geass manages to have great fights,some comedy,a little romance and strategies that make you think.That's why it's well liked by everyone.
Back to top Go down
Vice-Captain Level

Code Geass? R1/R2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code Geass? R1/R2   Code Geass? R1/R2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:57 pm

Yeah that's why I think this anime is 1 of the best anime's so far Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Somedude
Seated Officer Level
Somedude

Male Posts : 210

Code Geass? R1/R2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code Geass? R1/R2   Code Geass? R1/R2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 2:44 pm

This is why I watch anime without sound, just subtitles...to avoid thinking "omg Ichigo" when hearing Lelouch

Code Geass is one of my top favorite anime, I watched every episode of R2 fresh out of Japan on this fan site that's offline now.
Back to top Go down
Vice-Captain Level

Code Geass? R1/R2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code Geass? R1/R2   Code Geass? R1/R2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 2:49 pm

Somedude wrote:
This is why I watch anime without sound, just subtitles...to avoid thinking "omg Ichigo" when hearing Lelouch

Dam must suck with no audio Sad Dam I need voice's or I'll get annoyed xD
Back to top Go down
Somedude
Seated Officer Level
Somedude

Code Geass? R1/R2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code Geass? R1/R2   Code Geass? R1/R2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 2:29 pm

I prefer it to hearing Japanese that I can't understand and subsequently being distracted
Back to top Go down
Vice-Captain Level

Code Geass? R1/R2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code Geass? R1/R2   Code Geass? R1/R2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 6:29 pm

Well yeah I must say Japanese voicing FTW!!!!

Sound's so much better then crappy English...
Back to top Go down
altria
Captain Level
altria

Code Geass? R1/R2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code Geass? R1/R2   Code Geass? R1/R2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 7:25 pm

~Too true.Have you ever seen Sailormoon?They did horrible voices there,makes your ears bleed.I'm glad I caught it in russian,they did a stellar job,even better than japanese voice cast. XD
~Though Code Geass voices are pretty good,except punkish sounding Lelouch but it's till alright once you get used to it.Haven't heard it in Japanese so I don't know which is better.
Back to top Go down
Somedude
Seated Officer Level
Somedude

Code Geass? R1/R2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code Geass? R1/R2   Code Geass? R1/R2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 8:21 pm

man Lelouch sounds like a total pussy in English, I'm sorry

also his Zero voice is basically just as if he put his hand over his mouth Vader style
Back to top Go down
Vice-Captain Level

Code Geass? R1/R2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code Geass? R1/R2   Code Geass? R1/R2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:37 pm

That's what I'm talking about xD Like in Bleach xD Ichigo sounds like a fag but in Japanese sound's cool
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

Code Geass? R1/R2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code Geass? R1/R2   Code Geass? R1/R2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 2:27 pm

Man...this is some great anime I have to tell U...I noticed some Death Note elements in it, but nonetheless...the story is epic...it's one of the best animes I've ever seen...my brother and I can't take our eyes of the monitor when we watch it...cool stuff

What I like the best is the battle between Rakshata and the Earl...their contribution moves to story onwards in a way
Back to top Go down
Vice-Captain Level

Code Geass? R1/R2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code Geass? R1/R2   Code Geass? R1/R2 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:16 pm

Ahhh Earl and Rakshata. They wont stop till the job of creating a more efficient Mech. I personally think Rakshata is much more better.
Back to top Go down
altria
Captain Level
altria

Code Geass? R1/R2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code Geass? R1/R2   Code Geass? R1/R2 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:36 pm

~ Yep,she came up first with a lot of stuff.Of course,I just like her better too. >.>
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

Code Geass? R1/R2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code Geass? R1/R2   Code Geass? R1/R2 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 6:00 am

Yep I think she's better,too...but I like Lloyd more...he's just a funny geek...
And I finished every episode...and wasn't that nice...I totally fell in love with it...as the time passes I feel this anime is getting closer to Death Note...
Perfect ending, perfect circumstances...and favorite character is without a doubt Schneizel, his Seiyuu fits perfectly to the the character
Back to top Go down
Somedude
Seated Officer Level
Somedude

Code Geass? R1/R2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code Geass? R1/R2   Code Geass? R1/R2 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 12:24 pm

I personally like Lloyd better, he's just so...loltastic.

AND I AM ENACTING A POLL:

who actually liked Rolo
Back to top Go down
Vice-Captain Level

Code Geass? R1/R2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code Geass? R1/R2   Code Geass? R1/R2 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 12:36 pm

Rolo was cool for a brother. He was like in the super special agency and just ditched it because he knew for himself that the world he was working for was crap and decided to join Lelouch. Rolo cools!!!!
Back to top Go down
altria
Captain Level
altria

Code Geass? R1/R2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code Geass? R1/R2   Code Geass? R1/R2 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 2:29 pm

~Ah,Rolo.The "since when Lulu has a brother" moment was great.I did like how his character's developed.Though Lelouch uses him Rolo's dedication and sacrifices till the end sure left an impression.It even managed to influence the great manipulator himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Code Geass? R1/R2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code Geass? R1/R2   Code Geass? R1/R2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Code Geass? R1/R2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next