Soul Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The newest Anime Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tales of Symphonia

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Karasu Inoue
Shinigami
Shinigami
Karasu Inoue

Male Posts : 85

Tales of Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Tales of Symphonia   Tales of Symphonia EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 8:41 pm

Tales of Symphonia 5d8qhk

WELCOME TO THE FC!

This is Soul Society's FC for Tales of Symphonia. This is by far the best game I've played. The best OVA I've watched. And one of, if not, the best manga I've read. Has anyone here heard of it before? Very Happy It was one of the only Tales games to do well in Japan and really well in the US. Yet it has somewhat of a cult following. Not many people seemed have to played it, mostly due to the poor advertising in the US. Razz Though, in total it's sold millions of copies. The Gamecube version by itself is the 3rd best-selling Tales game. Including the PS2 version, Tales of Symphonia is THE best-selling Tales game in the series! Tales games don't usually hit the millions, so this is a big deal. ^^
The game even spawned a sequel for the Wii! With new characters, an altered battle system and a new story. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World/Knight of Ratatosk(Japan) is also a great selling Tales Game! Though it received much more bashing from critics than the first. Then again, when do sequels ever do better than the originals? ESPECIALLY by critics standards these days XD
The Animinated OVA's animation has been praised as a work of art. The story has been criticized for being to quick moving for new fans. (To that I say, why would anyone watch an anime based on an 80 Hour video game summarized into 8 episodes and expect to completely understand everything that happens? But I leave it at that XD)
The Manga skips around much less than the anime and has a much more "New Fan Friendly" demeanor. So the manga was highly praised. In fact many fans claim that the second game follows the manga's ending, and therefore establish the manga as canon... But the plot in the manga slightly deviates on many occasions so it's debatable as to what really is canon in ToS.

Popular Pairings and Characters
Warning! Spoilers for certain endings of the game. ToS1 (ToS2 I haven't played, so Idk about the pairings in those endings)

LloydxColette -
Spoiler:

ZelosxSheena -
Spoiler:

Kratos -
Spoiler:

GenisxPresea -
Spoiler:

LloydxPresea -
Spoiler:

LloydxSheena -
Spoiler:

MEMBERS OF THE CLUB
Pim
BigJDelux

NEWS
The second part of the OVA "Tales of the Symphonia: The Animation - Tethe'alla Chapter" has been released!! Here's the prologue and opening! SPOILER WARNING!! Don't watch unless you got past the Tower of Salvation in the first game.
It opens up with a recap of the first season by Lloyd, then a glimpse of Zelos' past, followed by a short battle between Zelos and (Obviously) Regal. After that it shows the new Opening.

Last edited by Karasu Inoue on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:56 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://animerpg.forumotion.net
Pim
Seated Officer Level
Pim

Male Posts : 311
Location : My computer room. My Naughty Room has too less space for the computer

Tales of Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Symphonia   Tales of Symphonia EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 2:54 am

/in ^.^
The first game was awesome. That's why I bought the second game, but the update crashed my Wii...
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

Male Posts : 539
Location : doing fist bumps with Shinji, then drinking with Hisagi

Tales of Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Symphonia   Tales of Symphonia EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 7:34 pm

also in, never played the GC game, but i have been playing the wii version. . . LOVE IT!!!
Back to top Go down
Karasu Inoue
Shinigami
Shinigami
Karasu Inoue

Tales of Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Symphonia   Tales of Symphonia EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 8:08 pm

Welcome to the new members! ^^
Back to top Go down
Pim
Seated Officer Level
Pim

Location : My computer room. My Naughty Room has too less space for the computer

Tales of Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Symphonia   Tales of Symphonia EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 10:22 pm

BigJDelux wrote:
also in, never played the GC game, but i have been playing the wii version. . . LOVE IT!!!

I'm jealous of the second part Sad
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

Tales of Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Symphonia   Tales of Symphonia EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 5:58 am

Pim wrote:
BigJDelux wrote:

I'm jealous of the second part Sad

how did the wii crash?? was there a specific update that crashed yours? was it a long time ago? don't be too jealous, cuz everyone i talked to says i needed to play the one you guys have played Laughing
Back to top Go down
Karasu Inoue
Shinigami
Shinigami
Karasu Inoue

Tales of Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Symphonia   Tales of Symphonia EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 10:44 am

Well guys~ Let's get down to business!
Who's your favorite character(s)?

I'm tied between Zelos and Sheena, what about you guys? :3

And I should probably edit the first post to include information on the sequel too huh? XD
Back to top Go down
Pim
Seated Officer Level
Pim

Tales of Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Symphonia   Tales of Symphonia EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 5:45 am

Wii update. Due to internet, I've caught the specific bad guy: Wii update 4.2 ._. It should be locked up...

My favorite character is Sheena. Reaons: Appearance, personality and powers.
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

Tales of Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Symphonia   Tales of Symphonia EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 7:51 am

I would say, with only the sequel to go by, right now Lloyd is my favorite. He is doing what he thinks/KNOWS is right to save the world, no matter the cost. That is pretty noble!!
Back to top Go down
Karasu Inoue
Shinigami
Shinigami
Karasu Inoue

Tales of Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Symphonia   Tales of Symphonia EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 7:22 pm

The sequel pretty much has all the good guys from the first game. The villains, Emil, Marta, etc they're new. XD Personally, I prefer the original's story since well... Yggdrasill is just so amazing XD And, correct if I'm wrong, but Kratos is unplayable in the sequel? Yeah, not cool. :/ I've yet to even play it though, so I won't judge XD I hear the battle system was upgraded and such, but the story was lacking compared to the original. I think it's a good story (from what I know of it) but personally, the first game is... Ah! It's amazing. ^^
The voices are better too! Very Happy
Lloyd - ToS1 > Lloyd ToS2 (Even if he's obviously the guy who plays Robin in Teen Titans XD)

Zelos is my favorite Male and Sheena's my favorite Female. (Though unlike most people who hold them as favorites I don't ship their pairing XD) As my sig details I'm an Avid Sheloyd and Zelette fan XD "OMG?! Zelos and Colette??" Hey, they were both the Chosen's and underwent similar mental suffering. They have more in common than you think! Razz My pairing holds credibility! "We chosen's have to stick together right?" You sure do Zelos, you sure do. Wink Wait... o_o"
As for LloydxSheena, depending on the players actions (In both games) Lloyd ends up with Sheena, Colette, Presea (o_o), and just about any party member you want! ((If it's guy it's more platonic, don't worry XD)). So if I want to ship LloydxSheena and you ship LloydxColette, let's just play through each respective ending and be done with it! Stop arguing with me! T.T It's not my fault LloydxSheena's ending was way more romantic than LloydxColette's ending! I just ship it for the lulz Razz Blah! Next question (I've already answered it! XD)

What are your favorite pairings?

Oh and!

What's your favorite move? (Both games)
Falcon's Crest. Hands down (Again, haven't played the second game so XD)
Lloyd's Mystic Arte, seriously awesome to do against enemies at the end of really long combos XD Huh? What? 110 hits? Add a Prism Stars? 140?? Hmm?? XDDD
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

Tales of Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Symphonia   Tales of Symphonia EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 5:11 am

I will post more when I have more time, but I am borrowing the first ToS now. Smile But I need a GameCube controller Smile damn it!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Karasu Inoue
Shinigami
Shinigami
Karasu Inoue

Tales of Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Symphonia   Tales of Symphonia EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 1:46 pm

BigJDelux wrote:
I will post more when I have more time, but I am borrowing the first ToS now. Smile But I need a GameCube controller Smile damn it!! Smile

That's awesome! Very Happy A Gamecube controller, wish I could help you there XD Good luck! If you're ever stuck or anything or need help with any of the secrets, I'm your guy! Wink (You might also want to consider character affection. I think I might make a post here about it and how it works. It's one of the main selling points that makes this game stand out among other Tales games, so it should be a major factor! Also it'll determine how your game playthrough ends.)
Back to top Go down
Karasu Inoue
Shinigami
Shinigami
Karasu Inoue

Tales of Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Symphonia   Tales of Symphonia EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:52 pm

Just to bump up our little FC here. Excuse the double post because I found an awesome vid~ It's an exhibition of the PS2 version of the game. (Only released in Japan) These are the Mystic Artes of the PS2 version. The US version unfortunately only has Lloyd's, Genis', and Colette's. Slight Spoilers I guess, but nothing too major, since most of these moves you'll never see in the game itself.

But here they are~

The song in the background is Starry Heavens (Hiroic Version), the instrumental version of opening to the Japanese GC version. The PS2's opening is Shoshite Boku ni Dekiru I believe... Both are amazing songs that we just didn't get... Along with all of these amazing moves we didn't get... Until the sequel came along~ ^_^ SHINING BIND!

Only Lloyd's Falcon Crest, Genis' Indignation Judgment, and Colette's ???? (Holy Judgment) are available in the US version.
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

Tales of Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Symphonia   Tales of Symphonia EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 10:47 am

i finally went and got my GC accessories back from my bro. . . started ToS, but i am spoiled by the sequels more refined (and batter) battle system XD
Back to top Go down
Karasu Inoue
Shinigami
Shinigami
Karasu Inoue

Tales of Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Symphonia   Tales of Symphonia EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 5:48 pm

I figured that would happen. XD But it's still a classic in my eyes. Best fun I've had in a game in years. ^^ So, what part are you on? It doesn't get really good until you get to Tethe'alla. (And the battle theme changes XD)
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

Tales of Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Symphonia   Tales of Symphonia EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 7:10 am

Karasu Inoue wrote:
I figured that would happen. XD But it's still a classic in my eyes. Best fun I've had in a game in years. ^^ So, what part are you on? It doesn't get really good until you get to Tethe'alla. (And the battle theme changes XD)

i am just at the beginning. i still intend to keep playing but it will just take some time. . . since i don't have much right now Smile
Back to top Go down
Karasu Inoue
Shinigami
Shinigami
Karasu Inoue

Tales of Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Symphonia   Tales of Symphonia EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 3:55 am

Ah I see. XD

The beginning of the game, it's so full of RPG cliches... and then, BOOM! Plot Twist! XD
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

Tales of Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Symphonia   Tales of Symphonia EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 4:32 am

Karasu Inoue wrote:
Ah I see. XD

The beginning of the game, it's so full of RPG cliches... and then, BOOM! Plot Twist! XD
awesome, i look forward to it. i can't believe that there is 80 hours of gameplay Smile
Back to top Go down
Karasu Inoue
Shinigami
Shinigami
Karasu Inoue

Tales of Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Symphonia   Tales of Symphonia EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 4:20 pm

I'm actually close to the end of the second game myself. XD It's much shorter.... But it was a lot of fun. At least up until this stupid fight with Alice and Decus!!! Why can't I beat them?! T^T

EDIT:

NEWS UPDATE!! Check out the first page for a preview of the newest anime adaptation of ToS!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tales of Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Symphonia   Tales of Symphonia Empty

Back to top Go down

Tales of Symphonia
Page 1 of 1