Soul Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The newest Anime Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recommend an Anime/Manga

Go down 
+9
Karasu Inoue
Musashi
smart.deedee
Pim
BigJDelux
altria
Soul-Slayer
Sunomomo
Starky
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
altria
Captain Level
altria

Female Posts : 1269
Location : On top of Ulquiorra,so go away...and stop grinning,we're just having a nap under a tree.

Recommend an Anime/Manga - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend an Anime/Manga   Recommend an Anime/Manga - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 12:28 pm

~Gantz,Future Diary...hm,let me think of more.
Back to top Go down
http://huecomundo-rp.forumotion.net/forum.htm
smart.deedee
Seated Officer Level
smart.deedee

Female Posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Recommend an Anime/Manga   Recommend an Anime/Manga - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 10:22 pm

Okay, so I'm looking for a nice shoujo anime/manga and if it has humor in it, much better. Can't be bothered to care for something that can't amuse me the slightest. Nothing too mushy though, but not quite shonen-ish. And I'd like it if it didn't have like a hundred thousend episodes Laughing My idea is to build my collection and since I have the chance to download a lot now, I'd like to take the chance.

Anyways, I'm sort of interested in shoujo now. I'm gonna tell you what I have so you don't rec any of the ones I already have: Toradora, Ouran HSHC, Kimi ni Todoke and Clannad (still downloading it). I also bought Pandora Hearts on dvd.

So there you have it. Recs please bounce

Also, if anyone can breakdown Clannad for me. I mean, the sequels and what not. It's like Clannad, After Clannad, After After Clannad, After *gets shot* Very Happy
Back to top Go down
altria
Captain Level
altria

Female Posts : 1269
Location : On top of Ulquiorra,so go away...and stop grinning,we're just having a nap under a tree.

PostSubject: Re: Recommend an Anime/Manga   Recommend an Anime/Manga - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 11:50 pm

Here are some of the best Shojo I've read and seen.Sorry if the list is a bit long.^^
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://huecomundo-rp.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Musashi
Seated Officer Level
Musashi

Female Posts : 296

PostSubject: Re: Recommend an Anime/Manga   Recommend an Anime/Manga - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 4:18 am

DeeDee I recommend Midori no Hibi. It's short, romantic, funny and made me cry. ;_; You can watch anime or manga, but I liked the manga a lot better.
Back to top Go down
Karasu Inoue
Shinigami
Shinigami
Karasu Inoue

Male Posts : 85

PostSubject: Re: Recommend an Anime/Manga   Recommend an Anime/Manga - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 7:36 am

For anyone looking for an action packed Manga/Manwha crossover. Kurokami (Black God) is a manga drawn and written by Manwha artists. The blend of both styles is very well done. The artwork is incredible, (See ava and sig, main character Kuro) It takes a while to sink in, but the characters really grow on you. Things get kind of graphic sometimes, but it's never too over the top... Well... except that one flashback arc... That was... o_o"" But it's a great manga, and it was adapted into a 23 episode anime. The animation is incredible! The plot, was a little more botched down for kids though. :/ They turned a seinen manga, into a shonen anime. Take it however you wish. XD But I really liked both adaptations, the manga is still ongoing, the anime has its own ending.

Plot

Doppeliners... Three people, chosen by fate, almost exactly alike. The root, and the two subs. Should the two subs meet, they die, and their fate and luck get transferred to the root. This is the doppeliner system. The Mototsumitama, are in charge of making sure that this system is upheld. Keita Ibuki's other died in an accident after seeing a woman that looked exactly like her. Keita grew up to be a bitter college student and video game designer, (High School kid in the anime)Keita lives alone, but Akane, his childhood friend, often comes to take care of him. (Cue Akane's crush, it's so obvious. Razz ) He learns from a strange girl he meets named Kuro, whom he meets at a ramen shop, (Yum) that his mother actually met her doppeliner that day. Unfortunately, she must've not been a root, as she had died soon after. Keita initially doesn't believe this strange girl claiming to be a godly Mototsumitama. Eventually they form a pact, (Read for details, its actually very interesting) and begin to train with each other. Eventually, Kuro's past comes into play. This is accompanied by the revelation, that Keita is more involved in the doppeliner system than he initially thought...

It gets much more detailed than that, but that's pretty much a basic outline of the series. Check it out! I highly recommend it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://animerpg.forumotion.net
Obelisk
Seated Officer Level
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Recommend an Anime/Manga   Recommend an Anime/Manga - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 11:45 am

I recommend

One Piece- One of the most epic mangas out there, its one of the three SHounen Jump juggernauts lol. I love it the storyline is great, the characters are awesome, and every single chapter leaves you waiting for the next. If you can get past the fact that there are over 500 chapters to read I recommend reading it.

Fairy Tail- I just started reading it but it has already made its way on my favorite manga list. Its just so goo I love reading it. It actually made me shed some tears too. Only around 170 chapters to read so not as bad.
Back to top Go down
Haseo The Terror Of Death
Vice-Captain Level
Haseo The Terror Of Death

Male Posts : 558

PostSubject: Re: Recommend an Anime/Manga   Recommend an Anime/Manga - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:52 pm

I already putted in Code Geass & s-CRY-ed which both are pretty awesome anime/manga!
Back to top Go down
http://pto-clan.darkbb.com/forum.htm
boosiv
Trainee
Trainee
boosiv

PostSubject: Re: Recommend an Anime/Manga   Recommend an Anime/Manga - Page 2 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 10:28 am

I am not going to say Fairy Tail, every single post I read had Fairy Tail, every body knows Fairy Tail now... so I am going to say...

If you like Martial Arts -> History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi \ Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru \ Change 123 \ The Breaker \ AIKI

If you like what I like, you will like -> Katekyo Hitman Reborn \ Psyren \ Air Gear \ I have more than 60 mangas I like so, heres a Link to my Page where I say all the mangas I like and the score ( 1 to 10 )

If you want a manga about manga ( mangakas ) -> Bakuman ( normal guys, who want to be mangakas and there is a romance in the middle 2 )

Manga -> http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/boosiv

Anime -> http://myanimelist.net/animelist/boosiv
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

Male Posts : 539
Location : doing fist bumps with Shinji, then drinking with Hisagi

PostSubject: Re: Recommend an Anime/Manga   Recommend an Anime/Manga - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 2:35 pm

boosiv wrote:
I am not going to say Fairy Tail, every single post I read had Fairy Tail, every body knows Fairy Tail now... so I am going to say...

If you like Martial Arts -> History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi \ Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru \ Change 123 \ The Breaker \ AIKI

If you like what I like, you will like -> Katekyo Hitman Reborn \ Psyren \ Air Gear \ I have more than 60 mangas I like so, heres a Link to my Page where I say all the mangas I like and the score ( 1 to 10 )

If you want a manga about manga ( mangakas ) -> Bakuman ( normal guys, who want to be mangakas and there is a romance in the middle 2 )

Manga -> http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/boosiv

Anime -> http://myanimelist.net/animelist/boosiv

i have read about the first 14 chapters of change 123, it is pretty amusing. Bakuman is great too, though I am new to it.
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

Male Posts : 1055

PostSubject: Re: Recommend an Anime/Manga   Recommend an Anime/Manga - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:43 am

I highly recommend berserk...it's something that every manga fan should read...it's that great
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommend an Anime/Manga   Recommend an Anime/Manga - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Recommend an Anime/Manga
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2