Soul Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The newest Anime Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bleach 390 review and discussion

Go down 
+6
Somedude
demonart
BigJDelux
benelori
altria
Soul-Slayer
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

How do U think this battle will evolve?
Aizen will trash them all
Bleach 390 review and discussion I_vote_lcap13%Bleach 390 review and discussion I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Shinji and Kyouraku will show him
Bleach 390 review and discussion I_vote_lcap13%Bleach 390 review and discussion I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Twist is coming so Gotei won't be humiliated
Bleach 390 review and discussion I_vote_lcap74%Bleach 390 review and discussion I_vote_rcap
 74% [ 6 ]
Don't care, let's move elsewhere
Bleach 390 review and discussion I_vote_lcap0%Bleach 390 review and discussion I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Soul-Slayer
Vice-Captain Level
Soul-Slayer

Male Posts : 585
Location : Standing in the middle of the snow wondering WHO THE HELLS STOLE MY CLOTHES!!!

Bleach 390 review and discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bleach 390 review and discussion   Bleach 390 review and discussion EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 4:03 am

Do we really need a spoiler discussion thread and a chapter discussion thread there basically the same thing!
Back to top Go down
altria
Captain Level
altria

Female Posts : 1269
Location : On top of Ulquiorra,so go away...and stop grinning,we're just having a nap under a tree.

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 390 review and discussion   Bleach 390 review and discussion EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 4:20 am

~Well..not completely.In spoiler discussion we speculate on what is happening based on the information available...and some might not want to spoil the chapter before it comes out...while the chapter discussion is on what we now know happened..though the two do overlap...isn't it same at BA?
Back to top Go down
http://huecomundo-rp.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Soul-Slayer
Vice-Captain Level
Soul-Slayer

Location : Standing in the middle of the snow wondering WHO THE HELLS STOLE MY CLOTHES!!!

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 390 review and discussion   Bleach 390 review and discussion EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 4:40 am

No which is why i asked why there is such need for 2 discussion threads which discuss the same thing!
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

Male Posts : 1055

PostSubject: Bleach 390 review and discussion   Bleach 390 review and discussion EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 4:57 am

Bleach 390 review and discussion SDHN53ABXK

Hi folks...thanks to the guys from Mangastream, we got ourselves a pretty good Bleach chapter.
Bleach is pretty hot these days, since Aizen started to fight, taking on several captain-level fighters all by himself. This chapter catches a glimpse of what Aizen is all about.
Let's do a little recap of what happened until now. Aizen invaded Karakura town, followed by his 2 fellow traitors and the Espada 1, 2, and 3.
As things progressed, the Espada and even Tousen were defeated, though at a high cost. Most of the captains are injured or fatigued, except Kyouraku probably, who defeated his enemy in the most leisure manner.

It was a pretty important moment when Ichigo came back to defend his hometown, but instead he got humiliated by Aizen. This humiliation was easily forgotten as the captains showed united front in order to defend Ichigo from Kyouka Suigetsu, and to make Aizen drop his guard for a moment.

This week's chapter was written in this spirit(the first half at least). To use teamwork in fighting in order to make use of Ichigo's advantage of not witnessing Kyouka Suigetsu's release so far.

Bleach 390 review and discussion TAPH6U4HF0

The same shikai, which wasn't powerful enough to blast away Starrk's wolves is grabbed by Aizen and he pulls Rose by it. Noticed the frightened face of Rose? Guess what's next...
Kubo doesn't even bother to show us the whole panel, he just draws a stream of blood, making us understand that is was a clean, surgical cut.
Very nice battle so far. But still as hard as I try, I'm not impressed. All these shinigami whose shikais were not enough to beat the Espada, and who are fatigued or injured, are still trying to use the same methods.
Teamwork and make Aizen drop his guard? Or Ichigo is the only one who can defeat Aizen for reasons we already know?
This is getting to get a bit funny, because Aizen didn't even use Kyouka Suigetsu so far. The only time it was when Kyouraku tried to cut him. That's why these younglings should step aside and let the seniors take care of him, or just use bankai, for Christ's sake...well...
The truth is I'm not impressed by Aizen at all, but Gin tells me that there's more to his power, without using Kyouka Suigetsu. Let's just hope he will forced to demonstrate this power.

As we see above Ichigo is very concentrated and searches THE MOMENT. Sadly for him, this moment seems a bit far, becuz calmness is the only thing Hitsugaya lacks. Last week he went into Bankai mode, in the hopes of murdering Aizen. He doesn't seem to listen even to his senior captain Kyouraku who advised him, to be calm.

Bleach 390 review and discussion YBPR7D9LLN
Then we know U'll remain captain forever...

These are some heavy words. Even Kyouraku seems to be really serious and listens to what Hitsugaya is shouting. Finally Hitsugaya stops the mindless talking and commences the attack. As seen early in the SS arc, where Aizen owned Hitsugaya, by using Kyouka Suigetsu, we could thing things will be as fast as they were back then.
But let us note, that early in the series, when Aizen was executing his failsafe plan, he was in a hurry and that's why he took out Hitsugaya in a matter of seconds. This time he has all the time in the world. That's why he just dodges the first attacks, and he doesn't even bother to counterattack.
Aizen's calmness is foreshadowing that his powers are more then we expect. Judging from Gin's statements I think only Gin knows the true depth of his power, power which the rest of the folks only assume he has.
Bleach 390 review and discussion XRTF7GFNQX
[center]Oh, please...not one reader will fall for that...

The apparent carelessness is soon rewarded by two giant weapons, a sword and a club. We recognize these weapons as Koma's Tengen and Love's Tengumaru. So these two at least know that Aizen is not to be taken lightly and rapidly jump in the help Hitsugaya.
I told U at the beginning. The chapter is written in the spirit of playing in team. Komamura knows this, but he takes time to apologize that he jumped in.
Seeing Hitsugaya's reply I got relieved a bit. So the kid didn't actually lose his mind. My guess is that he concentrates his anger and uses it to focus on Aizen and to deal some heavy blows. But my assumptions are pretty useless, becuz until now all three captain's attacks were dodged, heck Tengen's sword is easily cut into 2 by Aizen.
Until now there's no surprise. Shikais were useless against an Espada so I don't think anyone expected that Aizen will be put into discomfort by facing Shikais. Oh yeah, there's a bankai in the play, but Aizen had a previous showdown with that, so still no surprise.
Things turn a bit dark, when Gin remarks that not giving chance for Aizen to use Kyouka Suigetsu is not enough to beat him, and that everybody misunderstands Aizen's power.

Did I mention the spirit of teamwork for catching Aizen off guard?
Bleach 390 review and discussion JCD5EOAUNF
Oh yeah...teach us...

Yes I mentioned it, but I also mentioned that things get darker. Notice how Aizen's face is coloured in gray instead of white how we were used to it?
This is the moment when the hopes we built up in the first part of the chapter get demolished in a matter of seconds by Aizen.
We knew that Aizen is pretty strong, even in terms of physical strength, not just reiatsu-wise. So an excellent and precise control of reiatsu, backed up by insane physical strength does things like this...
Bleach 390 review and discussion 4CJDUUTFJG
Whoah...Koma's bankai got trashed with one shot...again...scratch

So first is Komamura. His bankai, from which logically comes that himself as well, is severely injured. The sword is shattered, a hand is off. This is the result of Aizen getting serious, he's merciless and proceeds to finish Komamura off.
Hitsugaya can be glad he is protected by the fans, becuz the next who are falling as preys are Rose and Love. Poor things are trying to attack from behind, when Aizen explicitly told them that his weak spot are always covered. This time it's not a barrier(Aizen wasn't serious then), but it's a more humiliating move. Aizen just loves to face his enemies bare-handed doesn't he. But even now the 2 vizards are using only shikais. I wonder what are they thinking.
Bleach 390 review and discussion 91UM65PBST
Don't be scared Rose...it won't hurt a bit...

The same shikai, which wasn't powerful enough to blast away Starrk's wolves is grabbed by Aizen and he pulls Rose by it. Noticed the frightened face of Rose? Guess what's next...
Kubo doesn't even bother to show us the whole panel, he just draws a stream of blood, making us understand that is was a clean, surgical cut.
Very nice battle so far. But still as hard as I try, I'm not impressed. All these shinigami whose shikais were not enough to beat the Espada, and who are fatigued or injured, are still trying to use the same methods.
Teamwork and make Aizen drop his guard? Or Ichigo is the only one who can defeat Aizen for reasons we already know?
This is getting to get a bit funny, because Aizen didn't even use Kyouka Suigetsu so far. The only time it was when Kyouraku tried to cut him. That's why these younglings should step aside and let the seniors take care of him, or just use bankai, for Christ's sake...well...
The truth is I'm not impressed by Aizen at all, but Gin tells me that there's more to his power, without using Kyouka Suigetsu. Let's just hope he will forced to demonstrate this power.
Bleach 390 review and discussion YD9XELVP11
We'd like to see some of that, too...

Quick summary/Opinions:

This chapter's beiginnig rocked. Everybody attacked, tried to deal with Aizen. But as Gin said, are they really misunderstanding Aizen's power. I mean at least the vizards should know better. That's why I'm disappointed a bit. The fight scenes were great, Aizen stomping them was fun to watch, but I hoped that these people will take this more seriously, at least like Aizen did. That was one of the few positive things in the chapter. Aizen actually shown with a serious face. In counter to that each of his opponents were afraid, in pain, or angry. That's not worthy of neither Gotei or the former Gotei.
That's why this is a 7/10. I would love to give it more, but this was a one-sided chapter and there was absolutely no plot development. It was spectacular, how Aizen dealt with all those petty attacks, but I dare to say I wasn't that impressed of Aizen either. Trashing a powerful bankai unreleased is sure a great feat, but as we know he is on Yama's or Kenpachi's level in terms of strength(not to mention reiatsu level and control) it's not that much of a surprise. I hope what Gin said in the last panels will actually happen, opportunity to show his monstrous strength, therefore...

Predictions/Want to happen:

...I'm sure everybody wants what I want as well, and I think it will happen, but not necessarily in the next chapter. We all want Shinji and Kyouraku to jump in. But let's not forget, that Soi Fon and Lisa are still around. I don't expect them to do much, so is they get owned quickly, we might see some action from the top dogs.
I won't go as far as a prediction, because I think we are in a position from where Kubo can take us anywhere. He can continue the fight and make everybody lose slowly and then switch somewhere else(HM, Kensei, probably having Gin fight), which is the most probable, or he can just make the switch before the top-dogs enter. I would sure love to see Byakuya and Kenpachi finish their thing and come back to aid the people in Karakura. I think that would move the plot a bit forward and make things more intertesting.

Bleach 390 review and discussion A3XBL6Z16L

Last edited by benelori on Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
altria
Captain Level
altria

Location : On top of Ulquiorra,so go away...and stop grinning,we're just having a nap under a tree.

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 390 review and discussion   Bleach 390 review and discussion EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 5:18 am

*shrugs* We could hold a vote and eliminate one..but it didn't seem like it bothered anyone.
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

Male Posts : 539
Location : doing fist bumps with Shinji, then drinking with Hisagi

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 390 review and discussion   Bleach 390 review and discussion EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 5:26 am

"What are they thinking?" That has been my question since last chapter. Almost everyone HERE has seen my posts about how, if they were truly fighting Aizen, we would have seen BANKAI spammed everywhere. And yet we don't, so indeed, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? Of all of those who have been involved so far I think only Hitsu, Kyokaru, and Love have not been physically damaged.

I do and don't see why Rose did what he did. I am sure he just meant to ensnare Aizen for someone else to land a blow; he didn't know about Aizen's brute strength (how would you from his stature?). But as was said in the review concerning attacking with shikai, WHY EVEN TRY?

I personally love chapters like this. We get a character's (Gin's) thoughts. There was more action than I initially thought would happen, but the action was not the focus here. And now we know why Kubo said there will be another arc. . . AIZEN TRULY IS A GOD (for now Very Happy)!!
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 390 review and discussion   Bleach 390 review and discussion EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 5:32 am

Gin's thoughts are not that surprising, maybe if we would get a glimpse of his thoughts while fighting that would be great, but we don't get such satisfactions...
EDIT: poll added
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 390 review and discussion   Bleach 390 review and discussion EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 5:52 am

benelori wrote:
Gin's thoughts are not that surprising, maybe if we would get a glimpse of his thoughts while fighting that would be great, but we don't get such satisfactions...
EDIT: poll added

you are right, they aren't surprising. but they are REFRESHING. Gin is just interesting, period. so to hear from him is great.
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 390 review and discussion   Bleach 390 review and discussion EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 6:11 am

That's true...refreshing...I think is the best word...Aizen's smile is full of confidence and despise, the others are not really smiling...so seeing gin with a natural smile, with easy words, is indeed refreshing...
Back to top Go down
altria
Captain Level
altria

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 390 review and discussion   Bleach 390 review and discussion EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 6:39 am

~I'm starting to get tired of the drawn out battles..it seems plot wise there's been no change for a while..Gins thoughts were refreshing..yeah that word suits..but they could have been showed just as easily during battle..I like Gin and want to see him finally fight..also,what exactly was he doing until now?He's doesn't seem the type to do nothing.It seems like Aizen is playing with them..why are they not taking this battle seriously..that's what I was thinking..only Toshiro is in bankai..they should all go full power and together try to take him out..drawing it out only makes it worse for the Gotei 13..they are already tired...so far there's almost no cooperation between them except Koma and Toshiro...and the other two..but why not pull out a mask?This chapter was mostly to show the "awesome" powers of Aizen and his invincibility..also,why isn't old man Yama participating? Is he watching or doing something?And I think it's a bit strange how Aizen seems to drag things out..why not finish everyone and be done..and if he wants FKK destroyed why go in at all and not attack remotely..is there something there he wants?
~Is it just me or does Toshiro's bankai change slightly in appearance each time?
Back to top Go down
demonart
Vice-Captain Level
demonart

Male Posts : 691

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 390 review and discussion   Bleach 390 review and discussion EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 6:51 am

I feel too bad for rose, and so as other vizards...from the very moment they're showed I was really expecting that they're up to something that would really change the aura of the battle but so far, the only thing they did great was destroy fura, kill the menos, and for hachi to finish barragan. After all that nothing pretty much is done by their hands. As for soifon and lisa, I would appreciate if lisa won't be severely injured if she's to encounter aizen...I was really hoping to see more of her in this arc...as for soifon...I don't really expect that much of her to do...it's obvious that she's still injured. Komamura got pawned...really, his bankai is not that good as tousen said. As for aizen, I want to know his past, his history beyond those strengths. Maybe he's related to the spirit king or something that's why he's strong.
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 390 review and discussion   Bleach 390 review and discussion EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 7:28 am

I actually don't know why Aizen is stalling...but if I think about it more carefully...Gin said that if he would only have kyouka suigetsu as strength many could oppose him, that means that Kyouka Suigetsu is not that invincible, maybe it has some time-related disadvantages, or similar...so Kyouka Suigetsu is only invincible in Aizen's hands...
So maybe he doesn't want to go all out, becuz he doesn't want the captains, especially the senior captains to go all-out against him...so by taking his time and slowly cutting down the enemy, he can later focus his attention on the stronger ones....but who knows, maybe he just enjoys humiliating his enemies...maybe he is vary that Gotei might surprise him somehow, or gotei has a backup plan...I'd sure like that to happen...some Urahara devised surprised that is...

About Aizen's past...he could be related to the spirit king or the royal realm somehow...I mean he stated that there's nobody in the heavens(that could mean there's no spirit king)...I wonder if it's true, and if so, how does he know that...and of course the level of his strength is amazing, but kyouraku can do shit like that I bet U, and Unohana and Yama are above him

And good point...some masks would've been more useful then just plain shikai...at least that way it would seem they really want to defeat him...now it's like even they don't take this seriously...the only one who did was Koma...poor fellow...
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 390 review and discussion   Bleach 390 review and discussion EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 8:12 am

benelori wrote:
.the only one who did was Koma...poor fellow...

yeah, i know good guys don't die in shonen, but if koma lives through that. . . that is just amazing!
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 390 review and discussion   Bleach 390 review and discussion EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 10:22 am

BigJDelux wrote:
benelori wrote:

yeah, i know good guys don't die in shonen, but if koma lives through that. . . that is just amazing!

Well he survived Tousen's attack...even then I thought he won't survive...and we know that losing a hand is nothing in bleach...fights can still be done...and if the fight is over, then orihime just fix U back
Back to top Go down
BigJDelux
Vice-Captain Level
BigJDelux

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 390 review and discussion   Bleach 390 review and discussion EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 10:30 am

benelori wrote:
BigJDelux wrote:
benelori wrote:

Well he survived Tousen's attack...even then I thought he won't survive...and we know that losing a hand is nothing in bleach...fights can still be done...and if the fight is over, then orihime just fix U back

yeah, but even though he only lost his hand, he got another heavy chest wound when tenken was slashed. and then aizen slashed him across the belly too. i hope he isn't fatally injured but his chest was already hurt BADLY!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Somedude
Seated Officer Level
Somedude

Male Posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 390 review and discussion   Bleach 390 review and discussion EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 2:33 pm

Maaan I hope Aizen decimates everything, but I know that won't happen

So I voted for the twist, because that's what Bleach is all about.
Back to top Go down
altria
Captain Level
altria

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 390 review and discussion   Bleach 390 review and discussion EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 6:23 pm

~Koma might be hurt badly but Unohana is there,she should be able to heal..actually I'd like to see her zanpakuto swallow all the injured people so they can heal..that would be an interesting sight.
Back to top Go down
demonart
Vice-Captain Level
demonart

Male Posts : 691

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 390 review and discussion   Bleach 390 review and discussion EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 7:35 am

to those who still need healing, i think it would be mashiro, hiyori, and ukitake right? and plus koma...aren't the vice captains already good...i think the last one kira was healing was hisagi so maybe iba, matsumoto, and hinamori are somewhat good now.
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 390 review and discussion   Bleach 390 review and discussion EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 7:55 am

But I don't know if the VCs will have something to say in this fight...Hinamori maybe?...

I think after Hiyori, Ukitake will need some urgent treatment...because I can't really see this fight without him...
The way I see this whole battle, is Aizen taking on everyone, except Yama...Yama already had his share of fighting in this arc, so I don't think he will appear again(judging from Kubo's way of developing his strong characters)...
So Aizen defeating or at least being superior over everyone else is the purpose here, until the twist, that I'm sure will come...I think of something related to WW, so there will be definitely a change of scenery, which is showing WW's fight or even stopping at halfway and going back to HM...

As a last minute thought as I mentioned Ukitake...he might waltz in after he is healed, which might be the required opening for Ichigo to strike...when this fails, it will prove that Aizen is the man and the twist will come...

At least this the way I think it would be interesting...though I suck at bleach predictions and I'm not Kubo as well
Back to top Go down
altria
Captain Level
altria

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 390 review and discussion   Bleach 390 review and discussion EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 1:32 pm

~Hmm..the twist will definitely come..and WW is important since he's still alive while the other Espada are presumably dead...I think besides Ukitake,Shunsui also would be there..they'd team up like they did with Yama.They must be powerful and they are of the older generation..so it would be interesting.I want to see their Bankai. silent
Back to top Go down
Elementalist
Shinigami
Shinigami
Elementalist

Male Posts : 98

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 390 review and discussion   Bleach 390 review and discussion EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 3:09 pm

I'm also with BJD on "What were they thinking?" Why aren't they at the least donning their mask? But perhaps its how fights progress in manga I guess. When the Senoirs enter I expect the pressure to be put on Aizen, to have him use his KS ability.
Back to top Go down
Somedude
Seated Officer Level
Somedude

Male Posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 390 review and discussion   Bleach 390 review and discussion EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 7:46 pm

I don't see the point of eliminating either one, why bother
Back to top Go down
Sunomomo
Shinigami
Shinigami
Sunomomo

Female Posts : 108
Location : Staring, transfixed from a distance; wondering how the air is up there.

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 390 review and discussion   Bleach 390 review and discussion EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 7:54 pm

Oh God...not you too Komamura!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why oh why must the furry ones get the first taste of pwnage?! ><
Back to top Go down
altria
Captain Level
altria

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 390 review and discussion   Bleach 390 review and discussion EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 7:55 pm

~Shrugs~ Because they are not as popular?
Back to top Go down
Soul-Slayer
Vice-Captain Level
Soul-Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 390 review and discussion   Bleach 390 review and discussion EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 7:56 pm

Because kubo doesn't like Poor Koma, I'm gonna kill kubo if i ever get my hands on him!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bleach 390 review and discussion   Bleach 390 review and discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Bleach 390 review and discussion
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next