Soul Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The newest Anime Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

~One Piece chapter 578 Review~

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
altria
Captain Level
altria

Female Posts : 1269
Location : On top of Ulquiorra,so go away...and stop grinning,we're just having a nap under a tree.

~One Piece chapter 578 Review~ Empty
PostSubject: ~One Piece chapter 578 Review~   ~One Piece chapter 578 Review~ EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:41 pm

~One Piece chapter 578 Review~ One_piece
~Hello and welcome once again to One Piece review.My apologies it's a bit late.Now,let's get rolling once again.^^

~Chapter 578:A present to the New Age./He who must live to see a new age.~
~One Piece chapter 578 Review~ CHP-578-1
Havoc everywhere,the marine HQ is completely collapsing with soldiers abandoning posts.Everyone is worried about what will happen now that the last of three marine islands has been destroyed. Blackbeard is drunk on all of his newly acquired power and wonders what to do with it.Heck,why not sink the marine ford?Sengoku gets ticked off at that.Going into his Buddha-Giant-Form he uses his palm to create some kind of a shock-wave.Everyone in BB crew starts coughing up blood indicating that it’s a serious attack.Sengoku goes into a tirade about the importance of the island,it being in the center of the world,and what it symbolizes.BB has a typical arrogant reaction of “Fine then,let’s see you protect it.”

~One Piece chapter 578 Review~ CHP-578-2
Meanwhile Akainu finishes beating down Iva with Inazuma and continues his pursuit of Jimbei with Luffy.Jimbei has the sense to go for the water where he’d be practically unbeatable but there’s a small snag-it’s all ice!Aokiji gets some nice points for apologizing to Jimbei.And at that moment Jimbei is a fish out of water and Akainu is upon him.A punch doesn’t help and Jimbei turns around,taking a lot of damage from Akainu’s attack which goes right through him and manages to reach Luffy.However,it’s lucky that he did managed to turn around,if that attack was taken from the front Luffy would have been finished.But Luffy still took serious damage for which Jimbei immediately apologies.It seems he really came to care for Luffy,after seeing all the suffering he went through Jimbei wants to not only keep him alive but protected from any possible damage as well.Of course Jimbei was seriously injured,much the same way as Ace,through it doesn’t seem life threatening.Akainu comments that he missed Luffy’s heart,which is good,but opened a hole in his stomach and he’ll probably die soon,which is bad.Also,Luffy lost his hat!If it’s not picked up now it may get delivered to him later by someone from WB crew or even someone unexpected,there’s also a chance of him going to retrieve it.

~One Piece chapter 578 Review~ CHP-578-3
A what-the-heck moment.Crocodile slices Akainu in half,therefore saving Jimbei for the moment.He then sends Jimbei and Luffy flying,getting them away from Akainu.Why would he do this?His official statement is,”Don’t let him get his way anymore then he already has.” Looks like he’s pissed of at Akainu and probably marines as well.
And now we have Buggy who catches flying Jimbei and Luffy in complete surprise.The ex-prisoners of course get it all wrong,starting to call him noble and exalted.Buggy’s luck and those guys hilarious stupidity is amazing.I wouldn’t be surprised if they become his crew in the future,that is if they manage to get out.Anyway,let’s continue. Buggy proves he’s actually good for something other then comic relief by saving them for the magma hand,which is a bit cool.Jimbei thanks “Red Nose” for the save and we get another nose joke with funny response from Buggy.

~One Piece chapter 578 Review~ CHP-578-4
There’s another speech,this one by WB pirates,about the importance of protecting Luffy and helping him get to the next era.So now it’s WB pirates against Akainu with help from Crocodile.I’d like to see this fight but we get brought back to Buggy.Seems that Jimbei has fainted,probably form blood loss.Prisoners want Buggy to do something when suddenly a submarine ship appears!It has a familiar to us Jolly Roger..could it be?Yes,it’s Trafalgar Law along with his crew.I don’t think anyone has expected that.Law states that even though he and Luffy may become enemies in the future that is still a form of a relationship.And,he’s a doctor which is really convenient since both Jimbei and Luffy need immediate medical attention.

~Chapter Summary/Opinion~

One of the big questions is- why did Crocodile help to save Luffy?Maybe because it’s not possible anymore to fight WB he now wants Luffy to survive so they could have another fight?After all Luffy showed how much he’s developed after their last meeting and now everyone is protecting him,which exentrates his importance.
What Law says about relationships reminds me of the relationship between WB and Shanks,also WB and Gold Roger.Could something like that develop between Law and Luffy in the future?
Also,the second big question-why is Law here at all?Last time we saw him Law was on Shabondy and after transmission was cut off he ordered to set sail.Is Luffy the reason for his coming or is there something else?I think Law showing up could change things if he does save Luffy and gets him out of there.Because Luffy will probably not reunite with WB pirates after this since Law will likely bring him to Fishman Island,Shabondy being somewhat dangerous.Or they could hide out under the sea for a time.

~Things to think about~

Why is Law helping Luffy?Is there some ulterior motive behind it?

~Predictions~

I think this arc is almost over.Maybe two three more chapters to finish up with BB and Sengoku.Also,WB pirates will likely escape though probably with heavy loses.Crocodile should get out,there’s a beginning of set up for his future interactions with Luffy.

Credits:Thanks to mangastream for the pictures and doing a great job with scantlation.Hope you guys liked this review,enjoy the chapter.That's all for this week.^^
~One Piece chapter 578 Review~ 1415z-1

Back to top Go down
http://huecomundo-rp.forumotion.net/forum.htm
demonart
Vice-Captain Level
demonart

Male Posts : 691

PostSubject: Re: ~One Piece chapter 578 Review~   ~One Piece chapter 578 Review~ EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:58 pm

i just want this arc to be over since the outcome is not something that i'd thought, naming...ace and whitebeard died, and teach having whitebeard's power...i'm hoping for the strawhats to reunite again...nice review altria
Back to top Go down
altria
Captain Level
altria

Female Posts : 1269
Location : On top of Ulquiorra,so go away...and stop grinning,we're just having a nap under a tree.

PostSubject: Re: ~One Piece chapter 578 Review~   ~One Piece chapter 578 Review~ EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 11:03 pm

~Thanks.^^ Yes,I can't wait for it to finish since what comes next should be interesting.Teach getting WB powers was..shall we say completely unexpected.I dislike the guys even more now but..you have to give him credit too.Thinking up the whole complex plan and making it come true is quite an accomplishment.What I' like to know is why Law suddenly decided to show up. >.>
Back to top Go down
http://huecomundo-rp.forumotion.net/forum.htm
demonart
Vice-Captain Level
demonart

Male Posts : 691

PostSubject: Re: ~One Piece chapter 578 Review~   ~One Piece chapter 578 Review~ EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 7:31 am

yea me too...and also i'm curious about what's abnormal about teach i mean not the obvious one lol but yea seriously. what i didn't expect about law is that he's a doctor lol but it's really cool he came. and where is the other admiral, i forgot his name but the one with the light logia type powers, it's really cool if he fought teach...light vs dark. uhmm what is this..dn angel lol just kidding...
Back to top Go down
benelori
Captain Level
benelori

Male Posts : 1055

PostSubject: Re: ~One Piece chapter 578 Review~   ~One Piece chapter 578 Review~ EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 8:04 am

Nice review...I think Law is helping Luffy, because he sees a potential great rival in him, or maybe because he, too recognises that Luffy has the potential of triggering the start of the New World...I heard a theory, that Law was a medic in the WB crew(similarity between the pirate smileys)...so maybe it's due to the collective trust in Luffy, which was backed up by WB...

I think that's the motive of Crocodile's interfering as well...his rival was WB, but the ideals are the same...Luffy is sort of like a Chosen One here, or maybe like a symbol...and it represents the rising up against the WG...
The other Shichibukai have other interests which are binding them to WG, but Croc is no longer one of them, so as a freelancer, I think it was to be expected that he joined Luffy's side...

Each arc has a way to revive its heroes...while WB is a relic of the old days, I think Oda will find a way to revive Ace...the WB crew don't have a leader, and I think of only Ace who could fill in the position...Marco is a good candidate power wise, but his character is not so developed...
Talking about marco...ain't his ability nice...Zoan type, with Logia trademark...awesome, I think only BB can challenge the guy powerwise, even Akainu would fade before him I think...

Last idea, since I just caught up with the manga...I fear BB will turn into an Uchiha by collecting other DF powers...but let's see...again, good work...see ya
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~One Piece chapter 578 Review~   ~One Piece chapter 578 Review~ Empty

Back to top Go down

~One Piece chapter 578 Review~
Page 1 of 1